Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Thread (14/10/06) With Dick Tight.

The Complete Badger said:
McGhee tried and failed to get players in for 2 years. You can't excuse that based on RUMOURS of what Knight did for 1 day!

Yes, that's right he brought in no players, except McShane, Henderson, Reid, Revell, Carole, Frutos, Kazim-Richards, Noel-Williams etc.

When we've brought in better than that, you might have a point, but until then, no.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
Well, at the time, Dick Knight specifically went out of his way in the Argus to say that WASN'T the reason.

No shit Sherlock even us dunces picked that one up

Empire, for the first time tonight Dick admitted McGhee had lost the team. As he had lost the team and was falling out with players right, left, and centre, do you not think it's fair to say that THAT is the reason players would not sign for us?
No it's not fair at all - no one of any credibility has put that forward as a theory why players wouldn't come here, it's a crackpot theory with no basis in logic at all. Once again, if McGhee was the problem with CKR, then Knight wouldn't have sold him just 8 days before sacking McGhee. CKR was the problem with CKR, alas.

And if you apply that same scapegoating approach to Wilkins, you could say he's badly unsettled our key asset Henderson and reduced Jake Robinson to slagging him off on Bebo. But criticising Wilkins in that one-eyed way is not helpful, nor was it with McGhee.

Last edited:

Isn't it funny how all the f***ing twats who "want" him out can only muster up a few texts between them, yet NONE of them have been on the phone?

On this, we agree :D

It's hilarious and you see the same thing at Fans Forums.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
LI you really do write a load of complete and utter bollocks. But at least it gives me a laugh thinking someone(himself) actually believes the shit he's spouting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
PILTDOWN MAN said:
LI you really do write a load of complete and utter bollocks. But at least it gives me a laugh thinking someone(himself) actually believes the shit he's spouting.

:clap: :clap:

PILTDOWN MAN said:

And you think just saying bollocks demonstrates that, do you? :D If you are brave, you could try a few actual points of debate.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
LI, serious question I presume if you were at the game today you didn't listen to the phone in ?

Dick Knight unequivocally said on the phone in that Mark Mcghee had lost the dressing room. In fairness, he also said that Mark disagreed with this analysis, but in his opinion that was why he had to go.

It actually came like a bolt out of the blue, but said it he did.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
clapham_gull said:
LI, serious question I presume if you were at the game today you didn't listen to the phone in ?

Dick Knight unequivocally said on the phone in that Mark Mcghee had lost the dressing room. In fairness, he also said that Mark disagreed with this analysis, but in his opinion that was why he had to go.

Yeah but no but yeah - where are your facts

clapham_gull said:

What Dick Knight unequivocally says is Dick Knight's unequivocal opinion. And it doesn't surprise me Dick Knight is reaching for even worse explanations than the "community club" one given the extraordinary amount of pressure he has come under over the past few weeks in gifting us a relegation fight this season.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Harty said:
And the same goes for you, if your big enough to constantly bitch and back bite come up to the press box next Saturday and actually have the front to say it to my face.

Harty don't listen to that stuff. The phone in was one of the best simply because we had interaction directly between fan and club, which is rare these days. I commend you for playing devil's advocate. Great show!

:clap2: Harty:clap2:

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
It amazes me that the 'Titans of Industry" on this forum can tell a Chairman of the Board how to run a million pound enterprise while they themselves are probably slinging hamburgers at McDs or just entering the Labour Market in some entry level position.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Well, at the time, Dick Knight specifically went out of his way in the Argus to say that WASN'T the reason.

Something that the Argus will take issue with tomorrow I would imagine........

The overtired comment was probably not that far from the truth, yesterday was a long day and despite what those two faceless twats posted I thought the show went well, there are still a lot of unanswered questions but he will come back at the end of next month and do another hour.

If the content of the callers is good I will hardly say a word but however good a chairman Dick is, and he is, on yesterdays show we needed questions rather than backslapping.

I'm going to send Colon on a caller screening course at the Beeb.

Thank you all once again for listening, calling and texting, lets do it all again Tuesday! :albion:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Harty said:
And the same goes for you, if your big enough to constantly bitch and back bite come up to the press box next Saturday and actually have the front to say it to my face.
you tell him harty:clap:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
clapham_gull said:

and this is why their was a heated debate from mm and knight,things have been covered up havent they?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Harty said:
We put 11 callers to air and read out numerous texts but there were also questions that I wanted to ask him in addtion to various things he wanted to take issue with me over.

For what it's worth, I thought you did very well in letting the chairman talk things through at length, rather than let the phone-in be dominated by the 'Gawd bless ya, Mr. Knight sir, you've saved this club good and proper. You da guvnor' on the strength of a win on the day. Would have been a completely different set of calls if we'd lost.

And as a result of letting the chairman talk things through at length, especially in the first half hour when it was somerhing of a brave decision only to take three calls, you got yourself a GENUINE exclusive i.e. that Dick Knight thought that McGhee had lost the dressing room. Nice one! :clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not DK greatest fan as anyone would tell you but in fairness to him all this bollox about being unavailable on deadline day is precisely that bollox.

He had lunch in a restaurant in Hove with MM and a 'tall coloured fellow' as he was described to me, by the owner of the restaurant. So he was available.

As regards the phone in, had some of the more pertinent questions been asked so that he was made to feel awkward he would not come back for another dose but as it is he probably will and bit by bit we shall be able to get answers from him, justya matter of gentle persuasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here