Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The persecuted

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Oooh my first thread!

Safeway I hope the thread tittle is appropriate!

First of all I make no apology for writing this whilst still quite drunk (I really am that pissed off, no matter how hard it is to type)

This afternoon I was spoken to by the stewards at withdean (during half time) for standing up during the first half.

Just because I am at the front of the people who stand up in H block they (stewards) feel they can have a go at me!

I follow their instructions to sit down during the second half, and yet the (X) number of people who stood up during the second half behind me had not one word said to them. On the basis of this I feel somewhat persecuted, just because I am an easy target.

I feel hard done-by by the final whistle and feel the need to have a word with the steward after the final whistle (and with Lord Bracknell bizarrely close by) I do just that, and they acknowledge that I did as they said, and that they do not personally have a problem with me, but they were just following their instructions and that they were too busy during the second half doing other things rather than applying the same rules to those behind me

On the basis of this is there anybody on here who has a knowledge of the discrimination laws, because I feel that if you apply the rules to one person then you should apply them to everyone else, which quite clearly in this case they did not!

What do you think??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think your first thread is so serious :lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
There is always going to be someone at the front of the people standing.

As much as they try they are never going to get us to sit down.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
There is always going to be someone at the front of the people standing.

As much as they try they are never going to get us to sit down.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
know what you mean BEB. I got chucked out for standing and singing a couple of years ago at the Rushden & D cup match. Even though the whole J block was standing I got singled out for being on the edge. Had to write to Perry to get it sorted, my name got put on some sort of register, very distressing. Stewards= scum

Uncle Albert

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
Hello BEB. The funny thing was that the stewards advised that you could make an official complaint but doing so would get you banned!!! The b'stards.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most strange. I actually used to work for Ben Elton's brother (Tom) and your posting style seems nothing like him. Could this be ficticious user name ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here