Votes: 125 90.6%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 13 9.4%

• Total voters

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So to settle the argument do you, 'the people', choose Hodgson or Redknapp?

I am sick of reading in every newspaper deluded journalists speaking for me, of my admiration for Redknapp and his managerial abilities.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So to settle the argument do you 'the people' choose Hodgson or Redknapp?

I am sick of reading in every newspaper deluded journalists speaking for me, of my admiration for Redknapp and his managerial abilities.

Woy, he is a manager not a circus

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
This is assuming that they were the only two managers in contention for the position...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If we're looking at a long term project rather than instant results then Hodgson's your man.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
If we're looking at a long term project rather than instant results then Hodgson's your man.

He is 64. I'm not sure a long term project was in mind when appointing him, perhaps more he was the best available man for the job at the time. We have to be looking at success, surely? I don't think we will get it at the Euro's, it's too soon, but in Brazil definitely. We shouldn't settle for less that success, but it's the measure of success you use. I think a semi-final would be successful, in my opinion. Others might demand more or less from him.

England on the international scene have become a joke. We're not the team we think we are. If he can get our national side some gravitas within world football again he would have done his job. I think four years is going to be his shelf life. Look at the European international managers at the moment, they're all relatively new appointments. Providing we don't have a disastrous competition this summer, I would find it hard to believe he will be there post the next championships, or even Brazil. Most countries will cycle managers post a World Cup. Capello got longer, however, I think the goal for us has to be a solid European championship, followed by a World Cup Final in Brazil. We should be aiming for this (although I don't think we can achieve it).

Out of interest, 34 European countries have appointed a new manager since 2010: Luxembourg, Andorra, Armenia, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Greece, France, Hungary, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Finland, Ukraine, Cyprus, Romania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Austria, Iceland, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Faroe Islands, Belarus, Turkey, Albania, Israel, Moldova, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, Wales, Slovakia, Malta, and England.

Let's just give him time to see what he can do.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He is 64. I'm not sure a long term project was in mind when appointing him, perhaps more he was the best available man for the job at the time. We have to be looking at success, surely? I don't think we will get it at the Euro's, it's too soon, but in Brazil definitely. We shouldn't settle for less that success, but it's the measure of success you use. I think a semi-final would be successful, in my opinion. Others might demand more or less from him.

England on the international scene have become a joke. We're not the team we think we are. If he can get our national side some gravitas within world football again he would have done his job. I think four years is going to be his shelf life. Look at the European international managers at the moment, they're all relatively new appointments. Providing we don't have a disastrous competition this summer, I would find it hard to believe he will be there post the next championships, or even Brazil. Most countries will cycle managers post a World Cup. Capello got longer, however, I think the goal for us has to be a solid European championship, followed by a World Cup Final in Brazil. We should be aiming for this (although I don't think we can achieve it).

Out of interest, 34 European countries have appointed a new manager since 2010: Luxembourg, Andorra, Armenia, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Greece, France, Hungary, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Finland, Ukraine, Cyprus, Romania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Austria, Iceland, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Faroe Islands, Belarus, Turkey, Albania, Israel, Moldova, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, Wales, Slovakia, Malta, and England.

Let's just give him time to see what he can do.

4 years is about the shelf-life of most England managers at the mo, and Harry is 64 as well. Don't bank on anything in Brazil - the heat will be the excuse, I can just hear it now. I just hope Woy is given a decent chance with it.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
4 years is about the shelf-life of most England managers at the mo, and Harry is 64 as well. Don't bank on anything in Brazil - the heat will be the excuse, I can just hear it now. I just hope Woy is given a decent chance with it.

There's no reason why we cannot start conditioning for the head ahead of the tournament. Sports performance centres replicate the humidity and heat of other countries to help top athletes train and prepare for this sort of thing. I'm sure England would do the same. I was fortunate enough to visit the Porsche performance centre at Silverstone recently to see how the help people train for marathons in the Sahara. I'm sure England will have access to these sorts of facilities in preparation.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Redknapp was overhyped so much by the media as to being the messiah basically. Hodgson is a good guy with bags of experience and he knows what he is doing - but of course a lot wanted 'Arry just because loads of papers wanted him IE The Sun.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But Harry has won the Intertoto Cup and the (equivalent of the) Johnstone's Paint Trophy, people.

Luckily he's not a man to blow his own trumpet, for sure, and he thinks it's triffic that Roy has got the job and he never thought about putting himself forward for a second.

God, I bet he's absolutely GUTTED, given how hard his Sun buddies worked to get him the job :lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There's no reason why we cannot start conditioning for the head ahead of the tournament. Sports performance centres replicate the humidity and heat of other countries to help top athletes train and prepare for this sort of thing. I'm sure England would do the same. I was fortunate enough to visit the Porsche performance centre at Silverstone recently to see how the help people train for marathons in the Sahara. I'm sure England will have access to these sorts of facilities in preparation.

Only if the clubs agree to it, and I doubt they'd allow it mid-season, so it'll be couple of weeks before they get on the plane. Would like to be wrong, I'm just saying don't hold your breath for that WC.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's just lazy journalism -

Harry gets the job and you can guarantee closets full of skeletons filling the back pages for years
Roy gets the job and someone may have to start thinking what to write

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Harry Redknapp's a f***ing liar. I'm glad he's not England manager, I'd want him to fail.

He should have been jailed for his tax evasion. I don't know how he got away with that. As for saying 'he writes like a two-year-old' what a load of bollocks, I got a signed autobiography and there's nothing wrong with his handwriting at all.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports