Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Palmeira Pub

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Anyone know whats happening to it?

Possibly the most depressing place on earth - but its been fenced off and looks like builders are moving in. Current bet is flat conversion.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
dive, but useful for class a's

haven't noticed that it's fenced off- I live 2 minutes from it.......

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Was not fenced off yesterday. Prime site for flats as there is a load of shitty accom' over.

Would be nice if was refurbished the pub was smartened up though.

I used to live several doors away, the only eve was any good was Friday when all the L&G lot used to drink in there.

Now its a dive with WANKY staff.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
yeah - it looks like they are clearing the flats upstairs. so either redeveloping the pub into a decent place, and paying for that by selling renovated ex crack den flats, or redeveloping the whole thing.

Im expecting a fire in the next week now no-one lives there.

since legal and general dont go there (as theyve moved) it must be losing a packet , didnt know it was used to be good for class A's though - why is it you only find out the useful info too late!

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
Hope it don't close:nono: excellent pub for pre-match bevvies before the cricket and only one minute walk from the Cromwell end gate.
Used to drink in there at lunchtime in the early 70's when i was 16, and down four pints of light and bitter in the old 'spit and sawdust' public bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here