Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Oscar Garcia chant

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ulloa's goal at the City Ground feels like such a long time ago now.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Have to admit I joined in with it from the tumbleweed singing desert that is the lower East. At least he had quite a good song ... and quite a good record

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Funny how a lot of people moaned that he never played 2 up front and now you want him back crazy how people's views change

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry, the chant was absolutely cringeworthy.

I do not want Oscar back. Whilst he did a god job, the football was dire, boring and lacked any sort of entertainment. NSC-ers have short memories and during the season many wanted him to go and I'm glad he did.

We need a new manager, Asst Manager and Director of Football.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Funny how a lot of people moaned that he never played 2 up front and now you want him back crazy how people's views change

Mate, we've won ONE game in 17, it's not that surprising that people might want Oscar's winning team back is it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry, the chant was absolutely cringeworthy.

I do not want Oscar back. Whilst he did a god job, the football was dire, boring and lacked any sort of entertainment. NSC-ers have short memories and during the season many wanted him to go and I'm glad he did.

We need a new manager, Asst Manager and Director of Football.

I don't think the chant was aimed at getting him back. It was a way of saying Sami out without saying Sami out, because we are all so polite and don't want to be rude to Tony.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Mate, we've won ONE game in 17, it's not that surprising that people might want Oscar's winning team back is it?
That's like saying there's a hole in my bucket if I make it smaller it won't leak so much it may make it better but wont cure it..We should want better shouldn't we and there must be better out there

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I wasn't a fan of our football under Oscar, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat if that meant we could get rid of the Finn.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
That's like saying there's a hole in my bucket if I make it smaller it won't leak so much it may make it better but wont cure it..We should want better shouldn't we and there must be better out there

I think you may be missing my point so I'll explain.
Last season we played some of the most boring, dour football I've ever had the misfortune to experience. However we won a lot more than we lost and we finished in the Play Offs. This season, we are clearly going to get relegated if we don't change the management team in the very near future. Last night's Oscar song was a large proportion of the North Stand declaring that we were a lot better off pre-Sami.
I am not suggesting for one minute that I want OG back in charge. I saw Brian McDermott's name mentioned elsewhere, I'd definitely be happy to see him have a go at rescuing our season. Somebody certainly needs to.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Singing the name of our ex-manager is a stroke of genius, it humiliates Hyypia without creating a lot of fuss and it also reminds Bloom that we haven't all bought the party line about why Oscar left the club.

This.
I'd have him back in a heartbeat. His squad was decimated by injuries (& was beginning to be sold from under him, without replacements - part of the reason we're sh*t now) but he found a way to get us further than he had any right to. It didn't matter to me how he did it, without his skill & ingenuity we could've easily been bottom half last year

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I certainly hope he gets an interview.

Please, please, please. Would really love Oscar back here (would require an apology from Tony Bloom I would imagine and can't see that happening)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here