Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The origin of the phrase 'Blue Movie'?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I was going to do a joke about Tony buying a sun bed to get some Bloom UV, but thought better of it. :blush:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Have you not heard of google ?

The use of the word "blue" to refer to sexually explicit content was first recorded in Scotland in 1824. "Blue" meant "lewd" because prostitutes dressed in blue gowns.

Don't think I will ever be able to watch a Rangers v St Johnstone match ever again after this knowledge.

I wonder how they decide which team has to play in their changed kit ?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can't believe, 25 posts in, and our usual politically active suspects have not yet jumped on this to blame the Tories ...

The prostitutes wearing blue gowns is interesting, sitting under a red light, presumably to affirm they are politically neutral knowing full well that Libs & Greens won't be "customers" I presume?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Can't believe, 25 posts in, and our usual politically active suspects have not yet jumped on this to blame the Tories ...

The prostitutes wearing blue gowns is interesting, sitting under a red light, presumably to affirm they are politically neutral knowing full well that Libs & Greens won't be "customers" I presume?

A blue gown under red light would look black...?

800wm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here