• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Industrial bit was great
NHS segment was a bit weird and didn't really work
Music celebration was nicely done - though wish Dizzee Rascal didn't turn up
Rowan Atkinson was a superb idea
Trevor Nelson is a boring bastard
Arctic Monkeys are the weirdest choice - not that popular at all anymore, shouldn't have been there. Why didn't they get Elbow since they wrote that BBC theme?

Anything that was more involved with Olympics rather than London was complete bollocks. Is there an institution with a more falsely heightened sense of self-importance. I love the idea of celebrating the host country, but the increasing levels of overblown nonsense about the importance of the Olympics became a complete farce - though the cauldron was amazing. Is it really going to be that important in a few days when it goes back to a few people riding horses round a park and the Chinese playing Ping Pong against each other?

Paul McCartney to finish was the worst idea ever.
Why was the Olympic president talking in French? I know the obvious answer, but it seemed a bit rude!#

So wish we had a World Cup, where at least the hyperbole is in some senses matched by the popularity and power for good of the sport. So all in all, a good job by Boyle and co., but mainly a tedious reaffirmation of what a lot of nonsense the whole Olympic thing is.
Exactly how I feel about the whole thing, well put.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Arctic Monkeys are the weirdest choice - not that popular at all anymore, shouldn't have been there. Why didn't they get Elbow since they wrote that BBC theme?

its to give a "1984" reference to drive the conspiracy nutters nuts. its all a big illuminati satanic ritual you see. (quite possibly Bolye knows of this and had some fun).

biggest winners of the evening where Chemical Brothers and Underworld who will be expecting royalties for a dozen tracks played. i think Dark and Long was played three times.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The first 20 mintues with the industrial segment was without doubt the greatest piece of theatre/tv I have ever seen in my life. Simply breathtaking. That was the peak. Overall though it was magnificent and I will award it a 10. I was proud to be British last night for the first time in years.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Phew, so much to recall and take in but what sticks out is Rogge's speech. Well done Danny and Jacques:the Olympics represent the evolution of human achievement and the Olympic rings we're forged from the Industrial revolution in Great Britain AND THE WORLD NEEDED TO BE TOLD THIS.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Has anyone found a list of all the songs played? The leaked version wasn't quite what was actually played.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Well they were your Kings for quite a long time.

Richard the Lionheart eat ya heart out!
I think you'll find thats a terminalogical inexactitude old man, we were in fact THEIR kings, with large parts of france such as burgundy and languedoc falling under the english crown, richard the lionheart couldnt speak a word of english, so , in short WEowned france, just like we owned you, but have been kind enough to let you make your own way in the world, like some sort of slightly quirky country cousin.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
ITunes? Meh..

01 Frank Turner I Still Believe

02 Four Nations Choirs
Jerusalem, Flower of Scotland,
Danny Boy, Bread of Heaven

03 LSO On Track Orchestra
& François-Xavier Roth
Nimrod

04 Underworld feat.
Dame Evelyn Glennie
and the Pandemonium
Drummers
And I Will Kiss

05 Mike Oldfield
Tubular Bells / In Dulci Jubilo

06 LSO
Chariots of Fire

07 Blanck Mass & LSO
Sundowner

08 Dizzee Rascal
Bonkers - Radio Edit

09 A.R. Rahman
feat. Jaspreet Jasz
Nimma Nimma

10 Emeli Sandé
Heaven

11 Emeli Sandé
Abide With Me

12 Arctic Monkeys
I Bet You Look Good
On The Dancefloor

13 Arctic Monkeys
Come Together (Live

14 Underworld
feat. Dockhead Choir,
Dame Evelyn Glennie,
Only Men Aloud,
Elizabeth Roberts, Esme
Smith and Alex Trimble
Caliban’s Dream

I haven't listed all the songs when the athletes come in, the music section isn't included

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think you'll find thats a terminalogical inexactitude old man, we were in fact THEIR kings, with large parts of france such as burgundy and languedoc falling under the english crown, richard the lionheart couldnt speak a word of english, so , in short WEowned france, just like we owned you, but have been kind enough to let you make your own way in the world, like some sort of slightly quirky country cousin.

If you look at the entomology of the English language it wasn't until the Norman Kings arrived that the English language actually grew significantly and expanded into fields it previously did not have words for.

They very much came, conquered and had a huge influence.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you look at the entomology of the English language it wasn't until the Norman Kings arrived that the English language actually grew significantly and expanded into fields it previously did not have words for.

They very much came, conquered and had a huge influence.

Yet again you reveal a sad lack of understanding of historical fact, the normans weren't french.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
01 Frank Turner I Still Believe

02 Four Nations Choirs
Jerusalem, Flower of Scotland,
Danny Boy, Bread of Heaven

03 LSO On Track Orchestra
& François-Xavier Roth
Nimrod

04 Underworld feat.
Dame Evelyn Glennie
and the Pandemonium
Drummers
And I Will Kiss

05 Mike Oldfield
Tubular Bells / In Dulci Jubilo

06 LSO
Chariots of Fire

07 Blanck Mass & LSO
Sundowner

08 Dizzee Rascal
Bonkers - Radio Edit

09 A.R. Rahman
feat. Jaspreet Jasz
Nimma Nimma

10 Emeli Sandé
Heaven

11 Emeli Sandé
Abide With Me

12 Arctic Monkeys
I Bet You Look Good
On The Dancefloor

13 Arctic Monkeys
Come Together (Live

14 Underworld
feat. Dockhead Choir,
Dame Evelyn Glennie,
Only Men Aloud,
Elizabeth Roberts, Esme
Smith and Alex Trimble
Caliban’s Dream

I haven't listed all the songs when the athletes come in, the music section isn't included

Thanks. Bum, the song I liked isn't there I don't think. Heard a great song and didn't know who it was by. Had "here she comes again " in the lyrics.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That really was rather good last night wasn't it? Loved every moment, although learning that the child catcher turns up if I go to hospital has put me off ever going there again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here