Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Opening Ceremony - Olympics 2012

How do you think it will go?

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Completely agree. It was almost like Danny Boyle suddenly though "oh shit, I've got to then end and McCartney hasn't done anything yet". Should have stopped after the cauldron was lit, Pink floyd and the fireworks.

If he had to be in it, they should have got him to do Come Together instead of the Arctic Monkeys, then he would've done his bit....

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Queenie picking her fingers as Team GB came in and Macca missing his miming queue and subsequently murdering Hey Jude. Low points in what was otherwise an awesome effort by Danny B and the cast.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good to see that even the athletes have to pit up with fluro yelo warriors :facepalm:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Completely agree. It was almost like Danny Boyle suddenly though "oh shit, I've got to then end and McCartney hasn't done anything yet". Should have stopped after the cauldron was lit, Pink floyd and the fireworks.

Thought queeny looked a bit miserable as well.

:wink:Give her a break. she was probably in a bit of shock after that parachute jump. That and spending time with James Bond. Its probably all a bit much. She is getting on a bit.???

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Amazing show, fantastic!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Queenie picking her fingers as Team GB came in and Macca missing his miming queue and subsequently murdering Hey Jude. Low points in what was otherwise an awesome effort by Danny B and the cast.

They were alright for me. I cringed at that woman telling Ali to wave. She kept saying it. A bit painful that. But thats a tiny bit of what was an amazing ceremony.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If the bookies were laying bets on who lit the flame they must have cleared up?

I live with a shop manager and a deputy manager. Both said that Sir Steve lighting the torch would have been a lot of payouts. But then, one of them being an Olympic History enthusiast, pointed out that one person usually runs the torch into the stadium and hands it over. So, she correctly predicted that Sir Steve wasn't going to light the torch and they have, indeed, cleared up.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Fan-bloody-tastic! GREAT Britain at its best What other nation on Earth could put together such an awesome collection of home grown musical brilliance.Loved it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Arise Sir Danny Boyle - you did our country proud

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Very impressed with the overall night, but can't BELIEVE how quiet the crowd were for Hey Jude. DO YOU NOT WANT TO BE HAPPY? DO YOU NOT LIKE BEING HAPPY?

And I would like to note that I was singing 'Brigh-ton' instead of 'Hey Jude'.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That was pretty good. Loved the industrial revolution bit with Underworld's (I presume) soundtrack.

The queen though....if I did my job that badly I'd get the sack.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
That was amazing, with all the shit that people moan about in this country, that was a ceremony to be properly proud of. Arise Sir Danny Boyle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here