The Opening Ceremony - Olympics 2012

How do you think it will go?

• Total voters

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
This opening ceremony is brilliant.

It's finally dawned on me how MASSIVE the Olympics are now. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up, I'm all misty eyed and I haven't even had a drink tonight!

Not long until Great Britain are paraded around the stadium. :clap2:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The athletes really look like they are enjoying it and lets face it, its all about them.

absolutely, loads out with their camera's makes you realise how special it must feel to compete in an event like this. Makes me wish I was young again (and talented obviously).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Cynics be damned, the ceremony was chuffing brilliant. I found the early part inspiring and Abide With Me at the end incredibly moving. Loved the diverse choice of music too, something for everyone and not just the safe choices. I'm not normally a flag waver but this ceremony reminded me of why it is not always a bad thing to be proud to be British. Well done Danny Boyle.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
What the hell was that song nearish the end of the musical sequence. I caught the lyric "here she comes again " like the song and must find out what it is.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Pfft. Everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brilliant that there's countries represented that you never even heard of! Comoros anyone? :clap2:

And more than a wee bit sad that the grandchildren of so many of the young athletes doing the lap of honour will have to watch footage of grandad and grandma struggling with some cheap shitty camera instead of just soaking up the moment. This is a sign of the times.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Abide with me was f***ing incredible - cried my eyes out. Danny Boyle got the whole GB thing pretty much summed up in a very short show. Loved it. The athletes walk is a bit shit though. I'm still staying till the end.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
yeah recovering nicely thanks mate , got my first round of physio on tuesday operation was timed perfectly for me to not miss any of the games, lol shold allso be well enough to attend the first game at the amex. Wonder how many athletes will be in the yank team if Denmark brought 150

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here