Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Opening Ceremony - Olympics 2012

How do you think it will go?

• Total voters

Dec 29, 2011
As Mr Bean said, 'It started badly, tailed off in the middle, and went down from there'. I have a french women and an american watching with me and they think its awful. Dont get much for £23 million do you!

I've heard £48m quoted. IMO started shit, the music interval was amazing (we really excel at music, don't we) but went downhill from there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's the official language of the Olympic movement I think.

Now that is an interesting description of what we are watching now

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
fuckin glad they havent merged the threads right bunch of miserable bastards on the other thread

Yeah too serious on that one this was the unofficial one let's take the piss but it's been really good still 1 hour & half to go just unscrewing my third bottle of red wine I'm happy now not to keen on tomorrow morning

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
might i respectfully suggest you take you pissy negative attitude and f*** off over to the other thread with all the other miserable cvnts:thumbsup:

THIS. A big fat THIS in fact. There really are some negative, moaning goons in this country. PROUD TO BE BRITISH TONIGHT :)

Last edited:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
And what would they do?

Americans - 5 mins of trashy clap trap followed by 10 mins of Budweiser and Coke adverts , REPEATEDLY.

French - dull, boring and slightly whiffy harking back to 'glory' days long long gone. (Well actually probably nothing since they're bankrupt now)

Despite my early reservations, I think it's f***ing brilliant!

well said that man

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Well I'm enjoying it - and I was determined not to. So far I have failed to live up to my miserable git tag. May be the wine though..........

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
this has been brilliant so far and its nice to be on a thread with people who feel the same, poor you tony red wine goes down so nice but gives me the worlds worst hangover

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm curious about the length of the show.
Was Bejing 2 hours +?

Oh really enjoying it, DB has certainly made the most of GB and London, we look mightily impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here