How do you think it will go?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just under 2 hours to go.... hang in there

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Thus far and as a worldwide event, sorry I am not overwhelmed but, it wasn't an easy thing to do but, perhaps it is just me !

I hope that across the world they had access to the most wonderful subtitles as that was not that easy to follow !

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Really? The Olympics that started on the top of Mount Olympus in Greece?

I'd be well f***ed off if I was Greek.

No the modern Olympics created by a frenchie after visiting the village of Much Wenlock in the Uk which sparked the idea but I completely agree there's no needed to spoil the night with French.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
hopefully that's all of Beckham

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The Poles had the right idea at Euro 2012. Put some shit on that everyone laughs at for ten minutes and then get on with it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lighten up this is amazing

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
As Mr Bean said, 'It started badly, tailed off in the middle, and went down from there'. I have a french women and an american watching with me and they think its awful. Dont get much for £23 million do you!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
No the modern Olympics created by a frenchie after visiting the village of Much Wenlock in the Uk which sparked the idea but I completely agree there's no needed to spoil the night with French.

Did not know that.

Not a royalist, but getting introduced (for the first time it was spoken that night) as the Queen, in your own country, is a bit harsh!

edit - Greece get to come out first as the inventors, well that's all right then.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
As Mr Bean said, 'It started badly, tailed off in the middle, and went down from there'. I have a french women and an american watching with me and they think its awful. Dont get much for £23 million do you!

And what would they do?

Americans - 5 mins of trashy clap trap followed by 10 mins of Budweiser and Coke adverts , REPEATEDLY.

French - dull, boring and slightly whiffy harking back to 'glory' days long long gone. (Well actually probably nothing since they're bankrupt now)

Despite my early reservations, I think it's f***ing brilliant!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here