Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The only thing that’s pissing me off is these ad’s all over NSC

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Out of interest, has anyone - ANYONE - seen an ad pop up on NSC (or any other site for tat matter) and thought "ooh, now thats interesting", clicked on it, and then gone and bought the product ? I guess some must do, otherwise why would advertisers bother. But I don't think I've ever properly even read or watched an online advert, let along followed up by clicking on it or buying something.

Its the same with YouTube. The ads are just an irritant, an interruption, something to get out of the way so you can watch what you went there to watch. When those long ads come up (well I say long, the 15 second jobbies or whatever), I usually flip over to another browsing tab to read something until its finished.

Like I say, it must ultimately pay off for the advertisers, but they're wasting their money on me and I suspect the vast majority of the human population.
Not me … I’m same as you on this 👍

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Out of interest, has anyone - ANYONE - seen an ad pop up on NSC (or any other site for tat matter) and thought "ooh, now thats interesting", clicked on it, and then gone and bought the product ? I guess some must do, otherwise why would advertisers bother. But I don't think I've ever properly even read or watched an online advert, let along followed up by clicking on it or buying something.

Its the same with YouTube. The ads are just an irritant, an interruption, something to get out of the way so you can watch what you went there to watch. When those long ads come up (well I say long, the 15 second jobbies or whatever), I usually flip over to another browsing tab to read something until its finished.

Like I say, it must ultimately pay off for the advertisers, but they're wasting their money on me and I suspect the vast majority of the human population.

I've never bought anything from an unsolicited ad and that pre dates the internet. Even as a kid I did my own research and my Dad subscribed to Which?, I've carried that on.

They rely on "one born every minute". I worked with intelligent folk, sucked in by for example O2 .... they loved their image, ads, supposed added benefits :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

A lot of advertising is about creating brand awareness, rather than making an immediate sale. Keeping brands in the public consciousness is key; take ITVX. They want to be seen as a leading streaming platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime. So when the time comes and there is something you want to watch, the brand is already in your mind from advertisements. It just “warms up” the pitch a little.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A lot of advertising is about creating brand awareness, rather than making an immediate sale. Keeping brands in the public consciousness is key; take ITVX. They want to be seen as a leading streaming platform like Netflix or Amazon Prime. So when the time comes and there is something you want to watch, the brand is already in your mind from advertisements. It just “warms up” the pitch a little.
Yeah, I can kinda get that.
"Oh yeah...George Clooney endorses this coffee, so it MUST be good" (when you see it in front of you on the shelf).

I'd like to think I'm not a jelly-brained GUMBOT suckered in by this guff though. Hopefully not.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Those pop up adds that kept popping up :lol: seem to have vanished, thank you Bozza. Really was getting too much,making using NSC unbearable.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Like you, I ignore them all. I can only assume this method of advertising costs them very little 🤷‍♂️

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, I can kinda get that.
"Oh yeah...George Clooney endorses this coffee, so it MUST be good" (when you see it in front of you on the shelf).

I'd like to think I'm not a jelly-brained GUMBOT suckered in by this guff though. Hopefully not.
Despite not being a jelly brained gumbot I'd wager as much as 8p that you have been suckered in by advertising and you have been caught out in the exact manner you describe.
The fact you (and me) have no idea we've done it, explains why it's there in the first place.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Amexadverts.JPG

Amex are really hunting me down at the moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here