Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ONLY Albion managerial suspensions thread [Latest: Tanno reinstated]

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think the interesting thing in all this, is what they did not say. Tanno has been cleared to return, however as Gus is still suspended they did not make any comment about Tanno being in charge of first team affairs until the outcome of the other 2. Surely he would take control until such time we have a manager back at the helm? But the club made no mention of this

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Not at all.

And it beats me why so many people seem to look for the most complicated, devious explanation for every statement that comes out of the club. Why not just take it at face value, and assume the club is being straightforward about it, and trying to follow good practice, which is the impression I get from all the statements so far?

Surely, if there is a message underlying this sentence, it's more likely to be that, in drafting the statement, the club thought: "hmm, given that he's still on holiday, and perhaps not everyone will know that, maybe we should include a sentence in the statement which explains why, despite his suspension being removed, he won't be seen around the club for a while".

You may very well be correct. But it sounds very similar to the Vicente club statement after we invoked the second year. Knowing what we know now, that he Didnt want to come back, the club put out the statement in the public domain and immediately put pressure on him to tow the line because the club are being seen to say the right things in "very much look forward to him returning"

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Total rubbish, it is not farcical in the least. The club investigated alleged breaches of contract by Gus, Tanno, and Charlie. They have not gone muckraking to the press but got on with it. They have completed the investigation into Tanno which has resulted in the lifting of his suspension. The Albion is still a workplace and rules and procedures are in place to govern disciplinary measure and they have followed them. It is anything but farcical in my view. The only farce is the one being played out on NSC day after day.

It's not facical in the least? Some of you lot wouldn't question Bloom if he stormed onto the pitch and cut down the squad with an AK47.

I was under the (mis) apprehension that because the Albion had suspended all 3 they had a watertight case. Tanno at least has no case to answer and we will see about the others. Prior to today’s announcement I was more in the trust the club camp. I’m now more in the ‘’couldn’t organise a training session with some cones, Wembley stadium and a team full of internationals’’ camp.

And does anyone REALLY think Tanno will turn up for work as if nothing has happened.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There are some idiots on this site. Complain that there's no news, then complain that the news makes us a 'laughing stock'. It probably just means Tarrico hasn't breached his contract and therefore cannot be sacked by the club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It's not facical in the least? Some of you lot wouldn't question Bloom if he stormed onto the pitch and cut down the squad with an AK47.

I was under the (mis) apprehension that because the Albion had suspended all 3 they had a watertight case. Tanno at least has no case to answer and we will see about the others. Prior to today’s announcement I was more in the trust the club camp. I’m now more in the ‘’couldn’t organise a training session with some cones, Wembley stadium and a team full of internationals’’ camp.

And does anyone REALLY think Tanno will turn up for work as if nothing has happened.

If they had a 'watertight' case then there would have been no need to suspend anyone, the wrong doers would have been instantly dismissed.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

No what they had was an "alleged" breach which required investigation. It's not a matter of having a 'watertight' case against anyone, It's a matter of getting to the bottom of whatever the alleged breaches were. By keeping a lid on proceedings the club, and Gus, Tanno and Charlie, have done a great job of not turning this episode into a farce with all our dirty laundry washed in public. That they have not rushed to judgment on this matter reflects well on the club in my view.

Given their track record so far I certainly do trust the club to do the right thing, what ever that is.

Who knows what Tanno will do? I know absolutely NOTHING about what has gone on. I am not in a position to make any kind of judgment whatsoever. You can surmise all you like but will have no facts to back it up.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think the interesting thing in all this, is what they did not say. Tanno has been cleared to return, however as Gus is still suspended they did not make any comment about Tanno being in charge of first team affairs until the outcome of the other 2. Surely he would take control until such time we have a manager back at the helm? But the club made no mention of this

So erm breach his contract or pay the club £ to break it

checkmate ???

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
There are some idiots on this site. Complain that there's no news, then complain that the news makes us a 'laughing stock'. It probably just means Tarrico hasn't breached his contract and therefore cannot be sacked by the club.

Just because he has had his suspension lifted, it doesn't necessarily mean he has been cleared. There may have been other disciplinary action short of dismissal.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Only if it were a criminal matter. Most workplace things are not criminal. Some examples of things that are would be are: fraud, theft, assault, sexual harassment (potentially)....

Note: I know nothing about the situation at the club; simply answering the question posed in general terms.

Exactly. I've always doubted the 'post match palace comments' as the reason for the suspension given that only Poyet spoke to the media immediately after the game.

Given the club's silence over this I don't think we are dealing with a breach of contract in footballing terms. I think it could well be something that could occur in any work place. What that is who knows but there's definitely more to this than meets the eye. Otherwise it wouldn't be taking so long to get resolved.

Just speculation but can we read anymore into Vicente and his comments aimed at Poyet following his departure? Have we got some sort of unsavoury culture going on at the albion?

Just putting it out there....

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I think it's a case of the club protecting their asset as they did with Vicente. If Gus does go, he will want Tanno to go with him, that new club would then have to agree compensation for Tanno.

Interesting point about whether Gus can now speak to Tanno at all and whether he would be in breach of contract. Maybe they are dividing the two of them up.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
No what they had was an "alleged" breach which required investigation. It's not a matter of having a 'watertight' case against anyone, It's a matter of getting to the bottom of whatever the alleged breaches were. By keeping a lid on proceedings the club, and Gus, Tanno and Charlie, have done a great job of not turning this episode into a farce with all our dirty laundry washed in public. That they have not rushed to judgment on this matter reflects well on the club in my view.

Given their track record so far I certainly do trust the club to do the right thing, what ever that is.

Who knows what Tanno will do? I know absolutely NOTHING about what has gone on. I am not in a position to make any kind of judgment whatsoever. You can surmise all you like but will have no facts to back it up.

We will never agree on this but where I seriously differ is the ''not rushed to judgement'' line. The fact the suspension happened so quickly after the play off defeat could be interpreted that there was action completed in haste. The subsequent ''Actually, there is nothing to see here statement, carry on as you were Tanno’’ suggests they would have been better off (in Tanno’s case) doing nothing. I don’t know ANY facts or pretend to but as I say I have less sympathy with the club as time progresses - I just don't buy this is how they intended it panning out.

Is it supposition to suggest that Tanno will come back as if nothing has happened? You bet. Would I come back to work as if nothing had happened if I was suspended and an investigation turned nothing up? I’d want to tell my employers to do one – I can’t believe things will be the same again and there are a lot of people on here kidding themselves if they think we wont have a divided club and fan base if the management team remain. At least today’s announcement suggest progress. The sooner this whole sorry mess is over one way or another the better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just speculation but can we read anymore into Vicente and his comments aimed at Poyet following his departure? Have we got some sort of unsavoury culture going on at the albion?

EDIT *Speculation, not worth it*

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wow, how strange. The plot thickens. You would have thought they would have waited until the investigation into all three had been concluded, wouldn't you? Why announce Tanno separately?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here