Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ONLY Albion managerial suspensions thread [Latest: Tanno reinstated]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Anything you want?

Suggest that the club is handling anything badly and at the moment and you're shot down by people that have 'faith in the club'. I have faith too, but that doesn't mean I can't be questioning about the way they handle things and this whole mess looks like a shambles to me.

I tried all this 3 weeks ago and was forever being shot down in flames "hang on and be patient it will come" and so it has hooray but I am still depressed at the way this has been handled
things will never be the same
BUT still Albion till I die

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So on what day IS Tanno due back at work?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Let me guess... you don't deal with a lot of contract disputes in your line of work. If you did you'd know better than to suggest that anything other then "straight down the line, letter of the law" is the best way to go.

It takes time to jump through all the hoops in a contract to ensure that the final outcome cannot be legally challenged by either party. F**king this up would have cost us both in time and cash.

Best not to guess I think. You're assuming that I believe we should abandon due process, I'm not. But there is always a choice about whether to go through a legal process and I'm questioning whether it's actually worth it in this case.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
But there is always a choice about whether to go through a legal process and I'm questioning whether it's actually worth it in this case.

If the club believe that those in question have done something worthy of suspension and investigation, surely they have to or they risk setting a dangerous precedent?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Best not to guess I think. You're assuming that I believe we should abandon due process, I'm not. But there is always a choice about whether to go through a legal process and I'm questioning whether it's actually worth it in this case.

Probably worth it if it saves the club millions in compensation. Could be worth a Van Dijk.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm not going to go into details into the conclusions I draw from this because of the legality issues surrounding the investigation. Just that with the management trio clearly being investigated individually and in Tannos case cleared individually this whole mess could have absolutely nothing to do with football whatsoever. Make of that what you will

Well if its not a football investigation, that leaves criminal which its isn't as no police are involved or corporate!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Who on earth cares what it "looks" like - it's a legal process, so they're doing whatever they have to do.

Other managers, our players and potential players, fans, the LMA, the media etc. I think people in legal processes have a choice about what they do and this legal battle looks foolhardy to me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But without knowing the background or the facts how is anyone meant to say that the club should not have suspended the 3. As soon as the club felt it necessary to suspended them the club had a duty to follow internal and the legal process, if that takes time it takes time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Probably worth it if it saves the club millions in compensation. Could be worth a Van Dijk.

As in Dick?* Perhaps Mary Poppins as a replacement LB too?

*Yes, I know it's a different spelling....it's just what sprang to mind.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If the club were to choose not to go through a REQUIRED legal process, they risk getting clobbered.

And given that we know nothing about the cases which the club is dealing with for each of the three, it's fairly pointless speculating about any of it. are having to deal with

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If the club believe that those in question have done something worthy of suspension and investigation, surely they have to or they risk setting a dangerous precedent?

You could be right, but players want to break contracts all the time (by going somewhere else). But clubs don't fight it most of the time - it's not worth it.

Time will tell on whether this was worth it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just maybe, Tanno thought
"Ive sorted out a great defense. Gus has no plan B up front, he aint that great, and all I do is pick him up at home and drive him everywhere. Sod this, i'll be a number 1 with Calde as my No 2"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The news has been picked up by Auntie Beeb: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22844059

The only vaguely interesting thing in the article is "The club have been considering, among other issues, whether Poyet breached his contract with comments to journalists following the match".

The Beeb speculating or do they have some real info? It's not the first time they've said that Gus' comments after the playoff semi are part of the reason for the suspension. They could be wrong, of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:lolol: Just to add a few more pages: The Shawshank Redemption is the biggest pile of overrated formulaic, uninspiring dirge ever committed to celluloid and loved by the bed wetters since the tedious experience that is the self-indulgent yawn-fest Inception. The one thing I do agree with Uncle Spielberg on though, is that Schindler's List is a top piece of work.

You've lived up to the post you quoted by clearly knowing nothing. Shawshank and Inception are both better than Schindler's List.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Anyone else think "The club look forward to mauricio's return 2 work after his scheduled annual leave" sounds more like veiled threat rather than a true welcome back. I seem to remember the same kind of club statement about Vicente. "come back or well ave ya"

Not at all.

And it beats me why so many people seem to look for the most complicated, devious explanation for every statement that comes out of the club. Why not just take it at face value, and assume the club is being straightforward about it, and trying to follow good practice, which is the impression I get from all the statements so far?

Surely, if there is a message underlying this sentence, it's more likely to be that, in drafting the statement, the club thought: "hmm, given that he's still on holiday, and perhaps not everyone will know that, maybe we should include a sentence in the statement which explains why, despite his suspension being removed, he won't be seen around the club for a while".

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As others have said, what an absolute farce. Whilst there is plenty of talk about ‘next level’ and ‘aspirations’ this episode is as tinpot as anything that I can remember from Withdean. I assume Bob Booker came to this conclusion in a grey curly wig with Alex Revell and Tony Rougier hectoring the accused from the sidelines with Paul Barber doing heads or tails for guilty or not guilty.

For those of you glad that Tanno is back, Does anyone really think that Tanno will come back to work after his holiday, have a chat with Tony and Paul about the best beaches in Ibiza, get a glass of water from the vending machine and then crack on as if nothing has happened? Like hell he will.

Total rubbish, it is not farcical in the least. The club investigated alleged breaches of contract by Gus, Tanno, and Charlie. They have not gone muckraking to the press but got on with it. They have completed the investigation into Tanno which has resulted in the lifting of his suspension. The Albion is still a workplace and rules and procedures are in place to govern disciplinary measure and they have followed them. It is anything but farcical in my view. The only farce is the one being played out on NSC day after day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here