The ONLY Albion managerial suspensions thread [Latest: Tanno reinstated]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Why did they say anything? The rest of it reads very officially. Why didn't they just leave it there? This suggests the club are confident that Tano will continue with us into next season.

Or they are telling journo's from the Argus not to camp on the outer concourse because "Tanno's on holiday folks, here's not here, but when he's not on holiday, he will be here". Not sure why that would be strange, they are merely forestalling the most obvious follow up question from a journo..."Can we speak to Tanno?"

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I agree. I'm EMBARRASSED that the club have gone through CORRECT procedures in suspending a member of staff whilst commencing a thorough investigation before coming to a conclusion that no further act will be taken and lifting said suspension.

What a JOKE.

Nice one.

Anyway - you think this looks good do you? You think that this legal posturing reflects well on us (regardless of whether we are right)? You think everything is rosy for next season whilst we conclude this nonsense one (pointless) step at a time?

Heaven help us. How have we gone from questioning everything about the club to questioning absolutely nothing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Anyone else think "The club look forward to mauricio's return 2 work after his scheduled annual leave" sounds more like veiled threat rather than a true welcome back. I seem to remember the same kind of club statement about Vicente. "come back or well ave ya"

No, not at all, unless you're actively looking for hidden meanings. It's exactly what I would have expected them so say in this event.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone else think "The club look forward to mauricio's return 2 work after his scheduled annual leave" sounds more like veiled threat rather than a true welcome back. I seem to remember the same kind of club statement about Vicente. "come back or well ave ya"

Yes.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Nice one.

Anyway - you think this looks good do you? You think that this legal posturing reflects well on us (regardless of whether we are right)? You think everything is rosy for next season whilst we conclude this nonsense one (pointless) step at a time?

Heaven help us. How have we gone from questioning everything about the club to questioning absolutely nothing.

What exactly should we be questioning?!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

It does have that feel about it yes,....hopefully not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or they are telling journo's from the Argus not to camp on the outer concourse because "Tanno's on holiday folks, here's not here, but when he's not on holiday, he will be here". Not sure why they would be strange, they are merely forestalling the most obvious follow up question from a journo..."Can we speak to Tanno?"

That's quite a likely conclusion to make. I'm pleased that progress is being made.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Welcome back to the fold Tanno, hopefully Gus will follow suit.

Tano's suspension is lifted, this does not confirm he is coming back. It confirms that the club have reminded him what he is contractually obliged to do. ie. return.

It's pretty obvious that if Poyet goes, so will Tano.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Nice one.

Getting sued for not following agreed and contractual processes makes the club look a whole lot more f**king stupid!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I see Andy Naylor is back from his hols. Perhaps he jollied the Albion along. :smile:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
What exactly should we be questioning?!

Anything you want?

Suggest that the club is handling anything badly and at the moment and you're shot down by people that have 'faith in the club'. I have faith too, but that doesn't mean I can't be questioning about the way they handle things and this whole mess looks like a shambles to me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just about the only inference I would draw from the release is that the club doesn't think it likely that there will be news on Gus or Charlie today, or possibly tomorrow, otherwise they'd have delayed the news about Tanno for a few hours. I don't think they could realistically delay it any further since Tanno might want to talk to players/other staff who would need to know that his suspension had been lifted. As soon as lots of people knew, the news would have leaked. I know Tanno's on holiday, but he might still want to place calls. Or not, of course, depending on his mood!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Yes, very interesting, almost like a challenge to see what the reaction is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now he's back from his holidays I'm expecting Andy Naylor to make up for lost time and lost credibility in a big way. I shall look forward to reading the "Tanno: My 4 Weeks Of Hell" interview in tonight's edition of The Argus.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Anything you want?

Suggest that the club is handling anything badly and at the moment and you're shot down by people that have 'faith in the club'. I have faith too, but that doesn't mean I can't be questioning about the way they handle things and this whole mess looks like a shambles to me.

Let me guess... you don't deal with a lot of contract disputes in your line of work. If you did you'd know better than to suggest that anything other then "straight down the line, letter of the law" is the best way to go.

It takes time to jump through all the hoops in a contract to ensure that the final outcome cannot be legally challenged by either party. F**king this up would have cost us both in time and cash.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
The best thing about todays news is at least something is happening. If they have come to the end of Tanno investigation, then hopefully Gus' and Charlies will be nearing a conclusion.

The worrying thing about it is, if Gus and Charlies verdicts were due in the next few days, why release a press statement about Tanno, Sure lift his suspension, but no need to tell us if news of the other two was imminent.

Yeah good point, strange timing. I can only imagine it's something that will work in our favour IF Gus goes to Wigan.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I'm on the fence on this one. You could certainly interpret it this way. Equally, it could be, as someone else said, a message to the media "Don't ask for Tanno, he's on hols", or even just a message to fans - don't expect to hear anything from Tanno for a couple of weeks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anything you want?

Whatever it looks like at the moment as long as the club dot the I's and cross the T's to ensure that the correct procedure has been followed the last three weeks and however much longer it takes, as long as it's before pre season, this whole issue will soon evaporate. IMO.

I have loads of questions but without knowing what is going on they are probably irrelevant.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Anything you want?

Who on earth cares what it "looks" like - it's a legal process, so they're doing whatever they have to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports