Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The One and Only Cilla on ITV NOW!

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
How come Cilla has now been in Showbusiness 50 years??
She hasn't been on the TV since she was sacked 3 years ago

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh well, I suppose while she's not doing anyone any harm and there's a billion TV channels on the globe she has a place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must say, when I saw this had 40 posts I was worried that everyone was going to be gushing about Cilla. Delighted to find most people on here see right through her complete lack of talent (apart from the gimp who started the thread obviously).

Oh, but Nibble is wrong - Bruce Forsyth was a big talent in his day. It's just that his days on TV should have ended three decades ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
the OP has to be joking.

slagged about in the 60's with anyone who wanted a bit of ginger muff.

then got some goofy teeth out on extremely lame tv shows for a few years.

hardly Jean of arc is she?

Was she Joan's ginger scouse annoying sister?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh, but Nibble is wrong - Bruce Forsyth was a big talent in his day. It's just that his days on TV should have ended three decades ago.

That's probably a good correction to my post. He isn't without talent.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh well, I suppose while she's not doing anyone any harm and there's a billion TV channels on the globe she has a place.

Afghanistan could do with a sinister faux scouse matchmaker-cum-nasal singer. As long as its not on UK prime time telly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Afghanistan could do with a sinister faux scouse matchmaker-cum-nasal singer. As long as its not on UK prime time telly.

Yes, quite. There was a time I wrongly surmised the likes of Black had vanished from our prime time screens but in a retrospective glance across our TV listings one can close eyes and stab a finger at any page of the Radio Times and land upon all manner of familial bobbins: Not going Out, Miranda, The Chase, X Factor, Take me out etc Ad Nauseum. All cousins both wayward and cosy to the original premise of a being such as Cilla Black.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nobody likes her but she's made a fortune. One thing is for certain, she's no mug.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I must say, when I saw this had 40 posts I was worried that everyone was going to be gushing about Cilla. Delighted to find most people on here see right through her complete lack of talent (apart from the gimp who started the thread obviously).

Is also correct.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She may not have been the greatest talent as a singer and allegedly been a Beatles groupie but she still gave many millions of people a lorra lorra lot of pleasure on a Saturday evenings TV nd that is why she was the subject of the program.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She's popped up on Jonathan Ross now why has she suddenly reappeared after years of not being on TV. Had to switch it off can't stand her voice and attitude.
Previous posters are right back in the 60's she was cocked more times than Davy Crocketts rifle.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would have imagined that the Fab 4 would have had their pick of birds so why any of them would have gone with that buck toothed bag of bones is beyond me.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I would have imagined that the Fab 4 would have had their pick of birds so why any of them would have gone with that buck toothed bag of bones is beyond me.

Indeed. Even if they had you'd think they'd want to keep it ****ing quiet. Definitely a 10 Pinter that one.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'm going to go against the grain here and say I actually like old Cilla. She was one of those fixtures on TV when I was growing up, appearing on Blind Date and Surprise Surprise and then later on that rather cruel game show where all the family competed for prizes and invariably lost them. She's always come across as pretty genuine and whilst I wouldn't say she was especially talented per se, I can think of a lot of people who have been in showbiz a long time whose continued prominence is a mystery. Noel Edmonds anyone? I remember she hosted Never Mind The Buzzcocks the year before last and was quite a riot.

I thought the tribute to her was pretty shoddy in fairness. Getting Katie Melua to pay homage by performing 'Alfie' brought predictable results and while they brought out Christopher Biggins and Amanda Holden, it was strange that her co-presenter on Surprise Surprise, Bob Carolgees, wasn't even mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here