Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Olympics - replace a sport

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Squash would be good...fair comment about the bmx, although it is hard not to say that you need a fair degree of fitness to compete, if they can have that then why not skate-boarding, street jumping and roller-blading.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I say can it all! lets have an olympics where all the different countries teams go into a stadium and have a f*cking good ruck..all against all!

I'd watch that.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
For 2016 one of the following sports is being introduced:

Softball (it has been dropped for 2012 :( )
Squash
Rugby (I think a seven's code is being considered)
Golf

So which sport would you bring in, and which would you remove?

Personally I'd remove tennis and replace it with softball. (rugby & golf have their own big events and I prefer softball to squash)

I would only ever have sports in, where the Olympics is the pinnacle you can reach. In Tennis the slams would always be better than any Olympic medal. On that basis I wouldn't add Gold either - I'm sure they'd rather win a major, or even the Ryder cup than a medal. Squash doesn't come across too well on TV, so maybe Softball.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
tennis should go- just the same old faces.. and all professionals too? -
not what the olympics was about, i thought..

bring in/back- squash.. vicky botwright(!) for UK should do well..

also some traditional british sports.. to give us half a chance of winning..
- conkers, shove ha'penny, darts, beer drinking, kebab eating, friday night ater pub brawls, etc.. :glare:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I'd get rid of Dressage. Dancing horses are NOT sport especially when they are ridden by people who are older than my Gran. Save that shit for the horse version of crufts.

I'd bring in Darts. Could you imagine what the rest of the world would make of that if it was held in London?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lose the football, the tennis and the rythmic gymnastics.

Put in squash, from that list.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Get rid of all sports where you do not directly compete against either an individual, a team or a clock. For example, gymnastics, diving, synchro swimming, dressage (and ice skating in the winter).

If you were adding sports, cricket would have to be 20/20 and rugby would have to be sevens.

As for the comment earlier about the world series, isn't that just the USA that compete in that. It would be like us calling the premiership the world cup!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Get rid of all sports where you do not directly compete against either an individual, a team or a clock. For example, gymnastics, diving, synchro swimming, dressage (and ice skating in the winter).

If you were adding sports, cricket would have to be 20/20 and rugby would have to be sevens.

As for the comment earlier about the world series, isn't that just the USA that compete in that. It would be like us calling the premiership the world cup!!!

It would be a pretty short Olympics without that lot, plus archey, shooting, modern pentathlon, weightlifting etc.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A guaranteed gold for Great Britain would be in PEDALO RACING, combining the might of our rowing and cycling team we couldn't fail to win.

Get on to it the Olympic Committee;)

Oct 25, 2003
get rid:-
football
tennis
baseball/softball (no point having both)
basketball
pissing about on horses
sync swimming

get in:-
crickert
rugby 7's
darts
squash
4x10,000m relay
5-a-side/beach football

:)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

.....that was sort of the joke/ironic comment that he was trying to make.

Back to the original question, I'd remove football and replace it with some sort of artistic fart lighting competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here