Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Olympic Stadium, is it as bad as West Ham fans bang on about?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty much sure it's an age thing. It's like us going from the Goldstone to Gillingham to Withdean to The Amex. There will be those of a certain age who still hanker after certain aspects of the Goldstone or Withdean. Me included.

I'm 49 and every time I walk up to The Amex I still get a buzz about how brilliant the place is. There is NOTHING I miss about any of our previous stadiums at all.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
I thought that West Ham's ground was simply amazing and that Arsenal's was just rubbish. Nothing at all to do with the results.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm 49 and every time I walk up to The Amex I still get a buzz about how brilliant the place is. There is NOTHING I miss about any of our previous stadiums at all.

You don't miss certain aspects of the Goldstone or Withdean? Each to their own obviously, but have to say I find that more than a bit surprising.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is that the Boleyn that was silent as a morgue until they scored against us last time we played there?

Whoops, that was meant as a response to another post!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is that the Boleyn that was silent as a morgue until they scored against us last time we played there?

Whoops, that was meant as a response to another post!

Yeah they were, until 3 mins after ko when they scored, and proceeded to score another two before the 10 min mark. I guess that morgue feeling for a couple of minutes must have been eerie.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Agreed. I miss the concept of standing up on terraces, but of course that wasn't unique to the Goldstone or Priestfield but more a part of the era. The Amex absolutely pisses over everything we've ever had before, and away fans no longer piss themselves laughing as they did when they used to turn up at the shithole that was the Goldstone.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For all their fancy tech, it mostly seemed broken. The PA only worked when it wasn't needed to read out Brighton scorers and the big screen seemed incapable of showing replays of goals. Can't think why.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The sad thing for me was that all the WHU ‘stuff’ is removable. For instance the Trevor Brooking stand wasn’t painted on it is a removable tarpaulin type thing. Shit compared to UP and I don’t know a single fan of theirs who likes it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Was funny how they changed the screen so you couldnt see how long was left when we had the ball and were on the attack.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Its terrible for football, they have been had by the Dildo brothers and Karen Brady who will all be laughing when they walk away with millions.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Football's mainly about banging on about memories and nostalgia tho eh? Else what are you left with? :shrug:

What you're left with is the present, and this is the best era we've ever had. Build some memories for when it ends and you want to wallow in the nostalgia of 'The Hughton Years!'

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

You don't miss certain aspects of the Goldstone or Withdean? Each to their own obviously, but have to say I find that more than a bit surprising.

The ticket prices??? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here