Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**The Ofishical [MERGED] Match day thread Wolves Vs Brighton***

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Home form is crucial and we seem devoid of any confidence at the Amex, away point at Wolves is a decent enough result but only if we can improve at home.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
After the way we played today and the prospect of some improvement to the squad coming in Jan, I am positive we will not go down.

We would have happily taken a point at this fixture most times!

Keep the faith.
Hope your right malta ,don't think I can enjoy lge 1 again .

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I get the feeling that if we do go down it's gonna be Hyypia trying to get us back up. Better get used to the idea.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
How important is the Reading game now. Lose that and we could be 7 points adrift and we won't make that up with the squad we have. Can't believe that the club will put up with this for much longer, unless the plan is to go down, rebuild again, hoping we will win a few games and the fans will come flooding back.
Must win simple- nothing else will do

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match Centre:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/82...ip-2014-2015-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-Brighton

It sounded quite poor from both sides on the radio, apart from the first 30 minutes from the Albion.

I think we should have changed it around at half-time. I could predict the sending off. Bruno is a right back not a midfielder.

Result was better than expected. I predicted we would take the lead and lose. I think that was more to do with bad play from Wolves that we got away with a draw.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Brentford and Bournemouth lording it up around the top of the Championship (good for them)...............meanwhile the Albion are firmly embedded in the relegation zone.

Penny for Tony Bloom's thoughts tonight? If he is pondering over a decision then it needs to be made soon. It will need an inspired managerial appointment, and a massive run of form to get us back into mid table respectability.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Match Centre:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/82...ip-2014-2015-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-Brighton

It sounded quite poor from both sides on the radio, apart from the first 30 minutes from the Albion.

I think we should have changed it around at half-time. I could predict the sending off. Bruno is a right back not a midfielder.

Result was better than expected. I predicted we would take the lead and lose. I think that was more to do with bad play from Wolves that we got away with a draw.
Bruno should not be near the team end of

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As if there is not enough to be depressed about, our disciplinary record continues to be abysmal - today four yellows and a red v Wolves three yellows.

Sorry I am not, and never have been, happy about the Albion being a 'dirty' team under any circumstances.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ok it's a point but that doesn't really do us any great favours.

Sami's management style seems to be 'reactive' rather than 'proactive'. We are chasing the situation, rather than dictating it. He should have been picking that sort of midfield 10 games ago.

Secondly he fails to take the initiative during games - Wolves would clearly come out fighting 2nd half, so why not make a proactive / positive decision at half time to tighten things up and defend our lead. IMO the substitutions were wrong and too late. Might have avoided the red card too.

As a manager he is letting us drift towards complete mediocrity. Very sad.

That's what I was thinking.

Far from sure about the starting line up though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having just finally got round to watching the highlights just how 'easy' was our goal.

Some lovely clinical, crisp, midfield interplay, ball out wide, cross onto Bent's head, goal.

So simple and yet, other than Bournemouth, seemingly impossible to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here