Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The Ofishcal Match Day Thread*** BHA v Nottingham Forest

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very disappointing result today, especially as we seemed to be much the better side, but got mugged. Three shots on target for Forest, three goals. Huh!

Signs of recovery though. Since Hyypia went we have been getting far more shots off (and more on target). We did hit the woodwork twice today after all. Secondly, we're not getting bookings all over the place like we were earlier in the season - just one a game in the last few league matches (OK, Dunk got two and sent off against Brentford) which suggests we are much better organised. Under Hyypia we were getting a handful every match.

On the downside, our back 4/5, which not so long ago was pretty good, suddenly seems to be falling to pieces. Ageing a bit, too; "They shoot, they score" seems to sum up our opponents all too often! Work to be done on the training ground, and I think some changes are needed in the summer.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I blame it all on the thread starter!! ALL matchday threads should be taken very seriously, this has not happened on todays game..........I think a public stoning would be in order! :angry:

Atleast I didn't make the thread when wheel LOOSED to Blackpool

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
What is worse- sitting next to a scottish bloke and his missus telling me to cut lua lua some slack coz he's coming back from injury or having the bird having a moan coz I pushed past her so I could sit down at the start of the second half? This was the high or low light of todays game

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Very disappointing result today, especially as we seemed to be much the better side, but got mugged. Three shots on target for Forest, three goals. Huh!

Signs of recovery though. Since Hyypia went we have been getting far more shots off (and more on target). We did hit the woodwork twice today after all. Secondly, we're not getting bookings all over the place like we were earlier in the season - just one a game in the last few league matches (OK, Dunk got two and sent off against Brentford) which suggests we are much better organised. Under Hyypia we were getting a handful every match.

On the downside, our back 4/5, which not so long ago was pretty good, suddenly seems to be falling to pieces. Ageing a bit, too; "They shoot, they score" seems to sum up our opponents all too often! Work to be done on the training ground, and I think some changes are needed in the summer.

really? not sure the woodwork counts as being on target. even our goal was an own goal. we had one or two shots on target from memory - both kayal. but he only got 6 minutes. CH's substitutions are already worrying me.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
really? not sure the woodwork counts as being on target. even our goal was an own goal. we had one or two shots on target from memory - both kayal. but he only got 6 minutes. CH's substations are already worrying me.

It's not on target as far as stats are concerned, but still far better than the row z Gary Gardner specials that would've counted as shots earlier in the year. We almost had a bit of luck with one of them hitting the keeper on the back of the head and almost going in!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Atleast I didn't make the thread when wheel LOOSED to Blackpool

To late for excuses, I have already put all your details on another thread, I hope you need a few skips and like Chinese / Indian take aways? and the lorry load of sand will come in very handy! I can only hope the good folk on here send round a decent class of female for you!.........enjoy.............. :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match thread was shit, So if someone can't be bothered..... I would nominate Dick Head. Good enough for the Championship.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/83...pionship-2014-2015-Brighton-Nottingham-Forest

Holla MOM for me. Ince follows on second. These two look like a midfield good enough today. They had more of the ball than all four Forest midfielders combined.

Did Ince foul Antonio? Close run thing but interceptions from behind are always risky. Did not deserve to get booked. Referees are too card ready.

I think the wise thing with a quicker player is to do what Bruno does and block the cross.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
To late for excuses, I have already put all your details on another thread, I hope you need a few skips and like Chinese / Indian take aways? and the lorry load of sand will come in very handy! I can only hope the good folk on here send round a decent class of female for you!.........enjoy.............. :lol:

Aslong as its duck wraps and chicken Vindaloo I am fine with the take aways, as for the women..well it doesn't matter if they have a paper bag over there faces!

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
First match I've been to since the dire 0-0 with Blackpool. This was actually much better, just a pity about the result.

Lots of people going when the score was 3-1 was kind of understandable, but I'm glad we stayed til the end. Should have scored in that minute. A much better match and atmosphere than the earlier one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here