Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Offishal match Thread: Wolves V BHA

Jul 21, 2015
How the hell can you miss a penalty with just the goal keeper to beat. **** all this fancy cocky chipping slow positioning shit, just put your foot through the bloody ball.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I fully blame the OP.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Not so sure an extra man is always an advantage with regard to winning the game.

Wolves took off a striker and played with two very solid banks of four, the midfield half of this not pressing forward. Whilst our extra man negated Wolves' chances of scoring, I'd actually argue that for us grabbing a goal it actually made it more difficult as still had 8 players to break down, but all 8 locked rigidly in their positions.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How the hell can you miss a penalty with just the goal keeper to beat. **** all this fancy cocky chipping slow positioning shit, just put your foot through the bloody ball.

Isn't "put your foot through the ball" what O'Grady and Ulloa did in their last Albion penalties?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's an odd one today. If I hadn't watched the whole game on the stream, I would have been reasonably happy with an away draw at Wolves. Having watched the stream however, I'm pretty disappointed with that performance and not grabbing all the points.
No fifthing or sixthing from me - apart from TV highlights, today was the first time I've watched them this season (found a live stream that actually worked for me) - and I was rather impressed. Good possession - in the opposition half, not pissing about at the back any more - looked comfortable on the ball and lively. Shame they couldn't find a goal - but equally pleased that we didn't succumb to a late sucker punch!
One point, away from home. OK - now on to the next game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Middlesbrough
Hull
Burnley
Ipswich
Reading

We are above them all at the moment but it looks ominous, think we can get a result at Bolton though!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So we should continue with the powder puff approach?

Penalty takers have to do what works best for them, and we have to accept there is no foolproof way of taking a penalty.

All penalties that are saved or missed will be analysed and people will say they should have used power, or they should have held back on the power and put more focus on accuracy, or that it's arrogant to try to show off.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Attended the game today we created a lot but POWDER PUFF finishing cost us all 3 points if we are serious about automatic promotion in this division we need to be burying these sides! Wolves were poor!
We need to go back to the drawing board and take a long hard look at ourselves this was a gimme today and we failed the test! Next up Bolton!

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
So far we have ridden our luck and all victories have been narrow. Sure, if you'd offered that at the start of the season I'd have bitten your hand off but there's a big whiff of the same ole same ole hanging in the air. Someone said we'd have lost this type of game last season. My view is that we'd have done what we did today last season whereas this season so far we've been able to nick it. A step back IMVHO.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here