Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official (were loose) Match Thread, Brighton vs Watford***

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He WILL sign his new contract ....... won't he?

I guess it depends if we're still in the Murray and Barnes school of contract offers, or if we're putting 'industry standard' packages together for players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He WILL sign his new contract ....... won't he?

I've got a feeling that his best mate Bruno might decide to hang up his boots and they'll both decide to retire and head back to Spain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess it depends if we're still in the Murray and Barnes school of contract offers, or if we're putting 'industry standard' packages together for players.
That's what bothered me yesterday when the announcement was made that he was being offered a new contract. Cheap skate option: offer him a new contract because the fans will be right royally p*ssed off if you don't, but make it such a low offer as to amount to an insult. Really hope that wasn't the case.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Anyone who was at the game, or who watched it on TV, will wonder how O’Grady failed to equalise, with his header, in stoppage-time. The ball had beaten Gomes, and was goal-bound, but it hit a patch of sand, was diverted, and shaved the post.

Watford fans are calling it the Sand Of God.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Was talking to a morkmate today who supports Watford and went to the game. He said there wasn't much difference between the sides other than Watford took their chances and Brighton didn't. He said we played well considering our position and with a few good players next year should be up there in the top 8. He also said he loved the Amex. A bit out of town but one of the best he has been to. Maybe its winning I said, he said he would still say it if Watford lost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was talking to a morkmate today who supports Watford and went to the game. He said there wasn't much difference between the sides other than Watford took their chances and Brighton didn't. He said we played well considering our position and with a few good players next year should be up there in the top 8. He also said he loved the Amex. A bit out of town but one of the best he has been to. Maybe its winning I said, he said he would still say it if Watford lost.

Same here from my Watford supporting ex-boss. Thought there was nothing between the teams, we deserved a point and thought the Amex and everything about it was brilliant (including the transport)

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Same here from my Watford supporting ex-boss. Thought there was nothing between the teams, we deserved a point and thought the Amex and everything about it was brilliant (including the transport)
My workmate said the tickets were a bit expensive until I told him about the travel levy and he said in that case a good deal (he drove to HH and caught the train down) as I did tell him about the levy last week,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here