Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They've said all the way along that providing the pricing structure isn't being abused (ie an adult trying to get in on a childs season ticket) then they will turn a blind eye.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They've said all the way along that providing the pricing structure isn't being abused (ie an adult trying to get in on a childs season ticket) then they will turn a blind eye.

Hope so Dave. I don't have a direct debit facility myself and so my girlfriend has set one up on her account but will be giving me the season ticket. I also couldn't afford a lump sum either so had to go for DD.

Thanks for your quick replies

I live in Eastbourne so how far would the travel vouchers be valid, I'm guessing as far a Lewes, maybe further?

The vouchers won't operate as currently, the club's plan A is that you'll get a £3 discount off the cost of the train/bus ticket that you've bought. Quite how that's going to work with online purchasing, unmanned stations and automatic ticket machines I wouldn't know but maybe this is an example of the lack of attention that's been (being) paid to transport arrangements at the Amex.

wittaz1985

Mar 29, 2011
Eastbourne
It's my view that by bringing in photo ID in the future the club will find they will sell far less season tickets and/or get far more empty seats if people can't attend matches.
Seems like a fruitless exercise to me, but that's my opinion!
So long as the club is willing to permit it at the moment, then I shall be buying two season tickets on Thursday!

I shall also double check with the club on Thursday about travel vouchers.

Does anyone know about availability in the North Stand?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's my view that by bringing in photo ID in the future the club will find they will sell far less season tickets and/or get far more empty seats if people can't attend matches.
Seems like a fruitless exercise to me, but that's my opinion!
So long as the club is willing to permit it at the moment, then I shall be buying two season tickets on Thursday!

I shall also double check with the club on Thursday about travel vouchers.

Does anyone know about availability in the North Stand?
Agreed. Plenty of time for the club to see sense regarding that silly photo policy.

North Stand - I'm sure I read they are still available in the wings, but mostly sold out in the middle except for a few singles. Could be wrong though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hope so Dave. I don't have a direct debit facility myself and so my girlfriend has set one up on her account but will be giving me the season ticket. I also couldn't afford a lump sum either so had to go for DD.

Couldn't the direct debit set up in her name be used for a season ticket in your name? (I imagine a lot of parents have direct debits in their names for tickets in their kids' names)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Couldn't the direct debit set up in her name be used for a season ticket in your name? (I imagine a lot of parents have direct debits in their names for tickets in their kids' names)

Never thought about that. Cheers i will look into that

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Soz if this has been answered before but do the presentations finish at the end of this month - or are they extending them into April?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
My understanding is that they stop soon as the portacabins are being removed to facilitate the works there.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I was told by "insider" that presentations would continue upto end of April. However, when I contacted presentation booking staff they didn't know and were only taking bookings until this Saturday.

I didn't think I could make a presentation (living near Leeds), but my mother in law has fallen over and broken her wrist, so we are visiting her this weekend. Everything has a silver lining as it means I have booked my presentation at 9.15 this sat

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They were only doing midweek presentations when I went. This Saturday malarky is a new one.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I was told by "insider" that presentations would continue upto end of April. However, when I contacted presentation booking staff they didn't know and were only taking bookings until this Saturday.

I didn't think I could make a presentation (living near Leeds), but my mother in law has fallen over and broken her wrist, so we are visiting her this weekend. Everything has a silver lining as it means I have booked my presentation at 9.15 this sat

I'm sure your mother-in-law was glad to help. :lolol:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
They were only doing midweek presentations when I went. This Saturday malarky is a new one.

Only one slot available which was the early Sat 9.15 one. So they must still be having demand - which really surprises me bearing in mind the numbers already sold.

I must admit, I cant wait.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
maybe this is an example of the lack of attention that's been (being) paid to transport arrangements at the Amex.

You might know otherwise, but I've always imagined that there is a fair amount of work going on behind the scenes to address the transport issues. To me it seems a little unfair to suggest that little thought is being given to transport planning just because we haven't been given much detail yet.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You might know otherwise, but I've always imagined that there is a fair amount of work going on behind the scenes to address the transport issues. To me it seems a little unfair to suggest that little thought is being given to transport planning just because we haven't been given much detail yet.

If anyone had been at the Hove Town hall presentation you would have seen how much planning went into the travel arrangements. The folders of information were big enough to have been foundation stones at The Amex!

So did I.
If you live in B&H then ask your local councillor about this; that's what my mother has done. When you get a reply ask yourself why the club has waited until 2011 to undertake a survey of how supporters are intending to travel to the Amex and why the council hasn't been given much detail yet? In case you weren't aware the stadium cannot open unless B&HCC approves the club's travel management plan.
Why was travel by car not included as an option in the survey as there are, according to the planning consent, meant to be at least 2,200 parking spaces available within 1.5km of the stadium? Where are these parking spaces going to be located now that Falmer High School/Academy is no longer available?
The limited capacity and platform/signalling limitations on the Brighton-Lewes has been known about for years (and has been done to death numerous times on NSC), suffice to say that moving 1000's of passengers with a x5 train per hour service is just not going to happen.
The Mill Road P&R gets full now, with a crowd of 7,000-8,000. This is the P&R of choice for away fans (possibly 2,500 next season from 800 this) as well as anyone driving from due north or from the west. With crowds possibly trebling next season and the other announced P&Rs at Mithras House and the Race Hill being "inconvenient", where will these additional cars go?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
So did I.
If you live in B&H then ask your local councillor about this; that's what my mother has done. When you get a reply ask yourself why the club has waited until 2011 to undertake a survey of how supporters are intending to travel to the Amex and why the council hasn't been given much detail yet? In case you weren't aware the stadium cannot open unless B&HCC approves the club's travel management plan.
Why was travel by car not included as an option in the survey as there are, according to the planning consent, meant to be at least 2,200 parking spaces available within 1.5km of the stadium? Where are these parking spaces going to be located now that Falmer High School/Academy is no longer available?
The limited capacity and platform/signalling limitations on the Brighton-Lewes has been known about for years (and has been done to death numerous times on NSC), suffice to say that moving 1000's of passengers with a x5 train per hour service is just not going to happen.
The Mill Road P&R gets full now, with a crowd of 7,000-8,000. This is the P&R of choice for away fans (possibly 2,500 next season from 800 this) as well as anyone driving from due north or from the west. With crowds possibly trebling next season and the other announced P&Rs at Mithras House and the Race Hill being "inconvenient", where will these additional cars go?

Not sure what you mean about Mithras House and The Race Course being "inconvenient". For those of us in the East, Mithras is now easily the best compared to Mill Road and the Race Course would be very attractive to A259'ers from Newhaven, Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and even East Brighton.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Is the Falmer Academy car park not going ahead now ?

That will put even more pressure on the lack of parking/lack of trains situation...

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds

I genuinely thought I'd be the only person in Leeds with a season ticket for falmer

Not sure what you mean about Mithras House and The Race Course being "inconvenient". For those of us in the East, Mithras is now easily the best compared to Mill Road and the Race Course would be very attractive to A259'ers from Newhaven, Peacehaven, Telscombe Cliffs and even East Brighton.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant inconvenient for away fans and anyone travelling from the north or west.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here