Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official season ticket presentation thread ***

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
You are right BG. The deposit must be paid by cash, cheque or card on the day of your visit, unless of course you are paying the full amount straight away.
No I think that BG actually is right whereas your confimation is slightly different - I don't think that there is a "straight away" but rather that you pay the deposit now and then the balance in one payment in April - but might be wrong as am not choosing that option. One of our party did this and there was a long explanation from the (as Jim in West described) "pretty lady" helping us as to why his receipt was different to ours and how they had to back credit the deposit and how this showed in the account - I was far tooo excited to take it in.

Pendant alert!!!
Were the question and the answer in sync? Did you mean on a match by match basis, so that an Adult could use the ticket when the U10 is not attending, or when the current U10 became an Adult (presumably passing through U16 / U18 / U21 or whatever is available) - and what did Paul mean in his answer?
Just curious like ....

We were asking on a match by match basis. I have bought a season ticket for my niece and nephew to share and they won't be able to attend the mid-week games; I didn't buy a PSL for them. So we asked whether the tickets could be transferable to adult if they couldn't attend and if they didn't have a PSL, to which the answer was yes.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
We were asking on a match by match basis. I have bought a season ticket for my niece and nephew to share and they won't be able to attend the mid-week games; I didn't buy a PSL for them. So we asked whether the tickets could be transferable to adult if they couldn't attend and if they didn't have a PSL, to which the answer was yes.

Thanks - that info will be useful for the kids tickets in our party as well in the event that they have homework to do.

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
Does anyone know if there is any restriction buying a PSL for a seat that someone else has the season ticket to? This could enable someone who missed the boat for the best seats this time round to get a decent one next year assuming the PSL holder gets the priority to the seat not the exiisting season ticket holder. I hope the answer is no otherwise some individuals could buy up the best seats (assuming the season ticket holder hasnt purchased a PSL) and try to sell them back to the season ticket holders or someone wanting better seats at an inflated price. but maybe that was the idea anyway??

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i apologise in advance for my TEDIOUS question.

Im going to mine tomorrow and will have to go via train. Can i use that brand new grand bridge at the station and walk up to the site or do i need to get back onto falmer road and then walk in?

SORRY :lol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Does anyone know if there is any restriction buying a PSL for a seat that someone else has the season ticket to? This could enable someone who missed the boat for the best seats this time round to get a decent one next year assuming the PSL holder gets the priority to the seat not the exiisting season ticket holder. I hope the answer is no otherwise some individuals could buy up the best seats (assuming the season ticket holder hasnt purchased a PSL) and try to sell them back to the season ticket holders or someone wanting better seats at an inflated price. but maybe that was the idea anyway??

As far as I know can only buy a PSL on your seat your have the season ticket on.

i apologise in advance for my TEDIOUS question.

Im going to mine tomorrow and will have to go via train. Can i use that brand new grand bridge at the station and walk up to the site or do i need to get back onto falmer road and then walk in?

SORRY :lol:

Follow the signs for Brighton Uni (over the bridge) and down the other side of the station. No need to go on the road

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

NO. You can buy your PSL when you buy your seat.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Follow the signs for Brighton Uni (over the bridge) and down the other side of the station. No need to go on the road

Thanks chap.

I could just picture a ridiculous situation where i somehow take a wrong turn and end up in the centre circle on the pitch...

Tybalt

Jul 1, 2009
Haywards Heath
Twas the night before Falmer, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The Albion shirt was hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that my seat ref no would soon be there.

12.30 tomorrow - cant wait!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
It is if you are buying for many others, who arent gonna be at the presentation, who youve now got to send a form too, who youve already got the original form from and now have to go back to, who dont live near you etc etc etc and thats just me, cant begin to think about the co-ordinator whose got 90-odd seats to book nxt week for the A21 supporters club is feeling about it?!

Mate...you would not believe what this morning has been like. Two of us from the A21 went down today and spent 4 1/2 hours (10am - 2.30pm without a break) going through the lengthy booking process with the two brilliant members of staff who'd been allocated to us. We (A21) had dilligently pre-prepared 80 completed season ticket application forms, incl. DD details, card details for deposits, etc...plus a comprehensive A3 seating plan to facilitate the process, but due to the administrative error on the application forms, we now have to get all 80 DD mandates completed/signed all over again. Oh well. We did however manage to complete all the bookings and pay deposits for our 80 seats. All told we put £36,800 of season ticket booking through in that time, we were told that's the biggest single block so far and that our pre-organisation made a big difference to the process. Can't praise the setup down there enough. Very friendly, very welcoming. Today was tough to administrate but it's a big weight off the shoulders of the two of us responsible. End product to months of organisation.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks Edna for the photos, notice on the upper West it says must be fit cos of five flights of stairs.
Are there no lifts, I was hoping for Upper West, but having a lung problem, I would find it a struggle going up five flights.

Hope there is a lift of some kind as my dad is fighting cancer and other illness and uses a walking stick and can only walk a hundred yards and has to stop for 10 minutes. No way will he be able to climb 5 flights of stairs.

And no, we don't want to sit anywhere else. We want to sit in the gods :)

There are no lifts to the upper West, according to Martin Perry. The reason given was something to do with building regulations relating to disabled access: the stadium has to be evacuated within eight minutes as per safety rules and I guess it would not be compliant if significant numbers of less mobile supporters were seated at the top level (assuming that lifts would be out of service in an emergency).

In my 1901 presentation (which sounds v similar Edna - The Aussie guy who for some reason i thought was a kiwi did the sales pitch) they said there are THIRTEEN lifts at the Amex and were very proud of it. They'd added extra ones in too etc... Think of that 1901 video thats on Youtube - you virtually walk into the lift in the West? Maybe the lifts go as far as the West middle which will only mean half the stairs for people?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is that for definite ?
I thought they'd just debit the months deposit from the bank account details provided on the direct debit form ?

Can someone confirm can they take the initial payment at the presentation by using your DD info (accnt no. and sort code) on the forms? Obviously the plus 3 won't be there so can't do a physical card payment and this will save 3 seperate cheques?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Can someone confirm can they take the initial payment at the presentation by using your DD info (accnt no. and sort code) on the forms? Obviously the plus 3 won't be there so can't do a physical card payment and this will save 3 seperate cheques?

Good question....I was just about to ask it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Apparently not, they need either a cheque, cash or debit/charge card for the initial deposit.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Presumably stating the bleeding obvious but when you say transfer, I assume that, to be above board, you would also have to pay for the upgrade?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

No they don't. Initial deposit is taken on the day via a verifiable payment method (cash/card, maybe cheque) there and then. Can't reserve the seat(s) otherwise.

The DD mandate covers the other 11 payments (new form needs to be completed but there's still plenty of time to complete/return the revised form).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here