• In

Votes: 200 53.2%
  • Out

Votes: 176 46.8%

• Total voters

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
From being described as an ‘Inky Pamphleteer’ by John Vinicombe in 1988 at 56 I'm probably considered an old f*** by many on here, but at time of posting this 137 NSCers think Potter should stay, apologies if this offends but IMHO you are all clearly delusional.

Having seen 7 relegations, albeit briefly with the first in 1973, this has all the hallmarks of an 8th demotion as clearly the man in charge is so far out of his depth it’s almost embarrassing.

Just out of interest I wonder how many of the 137 think we will still go down by keeping Potter but it will all be to the benefit of the grand plan of the club?

This. We all want Potter to succeed. But I concur with your comments and why so many on here could not (and some still can’t) accept questioning of his management, notably the paucity of goals and inability to win games, escapes me.

Epitomised by that clueless cuckoo from caribou country (aka Swansman) who doesn’t even support our club and has written unparalleled levels of shite telling us he knows better, I remained unconvinced because we’re the ones who’ve seen it all before, since before his grandparents bought their first Volvo.

And people mock Big Sam but I’d back his proven ability to get us out of this mess more than I would Potters. Anyway, he’s at West Brom now so that’s irrelevant.

We are in trouble. All fur coat and No...well, it’s chilly isn’t it? :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Couldn’t be more IN.

I look forward to cheering the players off after a game again and chanting “Graham Potter’s Blue & White Army”.
I think he is a brilliant coach and is doing an excellent job.

We have the youngest team in the division. The punt taken on adding the experience of Welbeck and Lallana is largely working in terms of performances and better results will come.

But, we have a bottom six budget this year. I expect us to finish 15th or 16th. The ambition of being ultimately top ten is a long term goal that will be achieved by incrementally adding to the budget and developing young talent.

I understand people’s frustration with not winning but there is a bigger picture to consider.

Great post. Well said.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Couldn’t be more IN.

I look forward to cheering the players off after a game again and chanting “Graham Potter’s Blue & White Army”.
I think he is a brilliant coach and is doing an excellent job.

We have the youngest team in the division. The punt taken on adding the experience of Welbeck and Lallana is largely working in terms of performances and better results will come.

But, we have a bottom six budget this year. I expect us to finish 15th or 16th. The ambition of being ultimately top ten is a long term goal that will be achieved by incrementally adding to the budget and developing young talent.

I understand people’s frustration with not winning but there is a bigger picture to consider.

How does the so called big picture survive in a sport dominated by short term wins, which we appear incapable of? I don’t understand this inference that Tony’s master plan includes GP taking us down? Is the plan he brings us back up like a rocket next season and that’s when we challenge for mid table in the PL? Seems an odd approach though I must admit I’ve not read the club’s roadmap.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In. And if we go down.

I can't see any upgrade replacements who are available.

Usual blind assumption that a new manager will improve fortunes. A bit odd given that NSC has a mature following in general.

Bring someone else and just bounce this thread 18 months later.
In see this posted all the time, do you have info on a range of European and further a field managers? I’m sure the club do it’s not up to us lot to scout potential managers. Currently we are a PL side many quality managers would jump at the chance.

Plus your assumption new managers won’t improve fortunes? Poyet, Hughton did what exactly In recent years?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How does the so called big picture survive in a sport dominated by short term wins, which we appear incapable of? I don’t understand this inference that Tony’s master plan includes GP taking us down? Is the plan he brings us back up like a rocket next season and that’s when we challenge for mid table in the PL? Seems an odd approach though I must admit I’ve not read the club’s roadmap.
TB’s exact words when he sacked Hughton ‘I felt our PL status was at risk’ this blind thinking by some Tony won’t react if things get to dicy is a myth. He has obviously learnt a lot since the Hyypia days and it would be financially tragic for him and many members of staff if we went down.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
TB’s exact words when he sacked Hughton ‘I felt our PL status was at risk’ this blind thinking by some Tony won’t react if things get to dicy is a myth. He has obviously learnt a lot since the Hyypia days and it would be financially tragic for him and many members of staff if we went down.

Totally agree. How can any master plan involve relegation? Answer. It doesn’t. If that happens they’ll be a new plan!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This. We all want Potter to succeed. But I concur with your comments and why so many on here could not (and some still can’t) accept questioning of his management, notably the paucity of goals and inability to win games, escapes me.

Epitomised by that clueless cuckoo from caribou country (aka Swansman) who doesn’t even support our club and has written unparalleled levels of shite telling us he knows better, I remained unconvinced because we’re the ones who’ve seen it all before, since before his grandparents bought their first Volvo.

And people mock Big Sam but I’d back his proven ability to get us out of this mess more than I would Potters. Anyway, he’s at West Brom now so that’s irrelevant.

We are in trouble. All fur coat and No...well, it’s chilly isn’t it? :)

For three seasons you've said you are 100% sure and right about that the team would get relegated, while calling everyone who didnt agree with you "idiots", etc.. Its the only thing you are capable of - being convinced, being wrong and being this constantly gaping ********. I was annoyed with it at some point but now I just see it as entertaining. Never change.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In see this posted all the time, do you have info on a range of European and further a field managers? I’m sure the club do it’s not up to us lot to scout potential managers. Currently we are a PL side many quality managers would jump at the chance.

Plus your assumption new managers won’t improve fortunes? Poyet, Hughton did what exactly In recent years?

Well said. Many try to shut down debate using the old ‘name a successor or shut up’ as their trump card. Its utter rubbish of course because as you say, not up to us to track every potential candidate across the world when there’s a team full of people employed to do so with massive resources at their disposal. Always found such comebacks a little odd myself. I’d never heard of Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora, Mike Small, Leo Ulloa, Graham Potter, Oscar Garcia...in fact most fans probabky never heard of the majority of signings before they sign: managerial or players. Especially in today’s global game. Sure Arsenal fans never heard of Arsene Wenger either for example

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

When did EPL announce that they were relegating 5 or 6 clubs this season...?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
in, but i'm fast losing patience. we're stuck in a real rut right now, and if potter is the man to turn that around then he needs to show it fairly soon. if he can get his act together, this team has fantastic potential, and through a combination of investment and potter wising up a little more, that may happen, but the current level right now is unacceptable

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For three seasons you've said you are 100% sure and right about that the team would get relegated, while calling everyone who didnt agree with you "idiots", etc.. Its the only thing you are capable of - being convinced, being wrong and being this constantly gaping ********. I was annoyed with it at some point but now I just see it as entertaining. Never change.

Ha ha, here he is! But no class. No magnanimity. Never admit how wrong and clueless you are eh? Still, you’re looking like a complete chump after this week especially. What an embarrassment.

Still, unlike for you, the results hurt so I can’t take any real pleasure. The only silver cloud perhaps is the eggnog all over your face. Want some nutmeg with that? :rock::lolol:

Anyway, night Mrs Potter, give the boss a hug from the rest of us. UTA.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When did EPL announce that they were relegating 5 or 6 clubs this season...?

Is relegation out of the question then in your view? Seems quite a few on here and in the media think we might be in a battle against?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It is very fine margins and just a little bit more luck and we would be very comfortable. We don't suffer drubbings (Palace, Leeds), despite some poor goalkeeping performances.

Potter can't put the ball in the net himself. Give Potter January rebalance the team. He has already had a part in developing some marketable players - White, Biss, Lampety. The foundations are there, just need some quality up top. Welbeck's ability has already made a difference, just need another PL level striker.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is very fine margins and just a little bit more luck and we would be very comfortable. We don't suffer drubbings (Palace, Leeds), despite some poor goalkeeping performances.

Potter can't put the ball in the net himself. Give Potter January rebalance the team. He has already had a part in developing some marketable players - White, Biss, Lampety. The foundations are there, just need some quality up top. Welbeck's ability has already made a difference, just need another PL level striker.

I don’t disagree. However, I’ve not heard about any war chest being made available for January and even so, we don’t seem to ever land our fish. Plus the Jan window is notoriously inactive in terms of major signings across all clubs so even if we’re in for someone and have money available...will other clubs let them go?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I don’t disagree. However, I’ve not heard about any war chest being made available for January and even so, we don’t seem to ever land our fish. Plus the Jan window is notoriously inactive in terms of major signings across all clubs so even if we’re in for someone and have money available...will other clubs let them go?

Barber has spoken before about how tough the Jan window is - but it seems pretty clear we need a finisher. You can see that Potter recognises this - the subs bench is stacked with attacking players - but they all seem to lack that little bit of quality...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

You’re so full of shite fella...
Three seasons eh, you’d know that would you ?
You’ve been coming on here that long have you ?

Your the most sanctimonious poster on this board fella in my humble opinion. Some of your holier than thou posts really wind me up, and yes I’ve been annoyed with them, however I don’t see them as enlightening or entertaining. I wonder “Swansman” will you be sharing your sanctimonious posts with another set of fans in the future ? Will you still support the Albion ?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
In, only with a decent striker joining in Jan, though it is a little concerning that he doesn't seem to know the players strengths and weaknesses as yet.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Your the most sanctimonious poster on this board fella in my humble opinion. Some of your holier than thou posts really wind me up, and yes I’ve been annoyed with them, however I don’t see them as enlightening or entertaining. I wonder “Swansman” will you be sharing your sanctimonious posts with another set of fans in the future ? Will you still support the Albion ?

He is a sort of supporter of GP and not the Albion, a blow in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yes I know that the portlock fella said this three seasons in a row, because there is a search function on this forum and at some point not too long ago I had a look on whether portslock_guy always was as obnoxiously assured of the worst while calling everyone else idiots. Turned out that it was the case. GP, CH, all the players - everything is always shit and everyone who doesnt believe this to be the case are also shit.

As for your opinions on my "sanctimonious" posts I dont really care, if you get up-winded its your problem, not mine.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes I know that the portlock fella said this three seasons in a row, because there is a search function on this forum and at some point not too long ago I had a look on whether portslock_guy always was as obnoxiously assured of the worst while calling everyone else idiots.

Really....
Are you that sad, you actually sat and read all his posts for the last three years.....
Im not actually sure I believe you, like I don’t believe a lot you say and post.

As for your opinions on my "sanctimonious" posts I dont really care, if you get up-winded its your problem, not mine.

I am aware you don’t support the Albion, so at least when Potter does go, there will be a silver lining.....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here