Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Positive Thread

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Happy to be in the Championship next season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Rohan Ince (who reminded us what he brings to the party again today).

Oscar Garcia - who I think has done ok for his first season with all the injuries we've had - will now have 2 months now to tap up and bring in the players he wants before pre-season starts. And we should have a few quid to spend from the Bridcutt + Barnes transfers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Rohan Ince (who reminded us what he brings to the party again today).

Oscar Garcia - who I think has done ok for his first season with all the injuries we've had - will now have 2 months now to tap up and bring in the players he wants before pre-season starts. And we should have a few quid to spend from the Bridcutt + Barnes transfers.

No we haven't, it went on the training ground and Stephens. We will need to sell to generate money

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That's bollocks. The training ground was funded by TB; Stephens was a few hundred grand (and a decent acquisition).

The money from Bridders has gone call it bullshit if you like but costs do increase and that is what happened and who can blame Bloom in this instance.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
4 extra home games next season for the fans to watch along with four extra opportunities for the club to earn extra revenue from merchandise and consessions outlet sales on match days.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Happy to have something to play for today. Unlike, eg. Man U.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I now live in Hong Kong.

I had the pleasure of heading to a pub, full of plastic Liverpool 'supporters' and I can't tell you how how hard it was to get this pub, which had about 15 tv's, to show the match!

I've got work in a few hours, and I wish I could tell you how proud I was watching the Albion, regardless of the result.

When I moved over here I gave up my season ticket, and believe me, you really don't know how lucky you are to have the opportunity to see our team live.

Yes we had a shit couple of games, but look at the bigger picture. We're onto big things! This year, next year, 10 years, we'll do it!

Just remember, supporting Albion, will ALWAYS be better than supporting Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

Keep the faith!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The money from Bridders has gone call it bullshit if you like but costs do increase and that is what happened and who can blame Bloom in this instance.

TB has forked out in the region of 120m, and the training ground was well on its way to completion when the bid for Bridcutt was finally (reluctantly) accepted; I hardly think that TB would need to be taking an extra 3m out of the playing budget.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Teams that finish for 2 or 3 seasons in the Playoff Semifinals often win the Playoffs or are Champions the season after.

Ipswich - 1997, 1998, 1999 (Semi-Finals), 2000 (Winners)
Birmingham - 1999, 2000, 2001 (Semi-Finals), 2002 (Winners)
Cardiff City - 2011, 2012 (Semi-Finals), 2013 (Champions)

So we've either got another 2 legs of disappointment to go followed by success at Wembley in 2016, or we're going to win it next year.

Happy days.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I now live in Hong Kong.

I had the pleasure of heading to a pub, full of plastic Liverpool 'supporters' and I can't tell you how how hard it was to get this pub, which had about 15 tv's, to show the match!

I've got work in a few hours, and I wish I could tell you how proud I was watching the Albion, regardless of the result.

When I moved over here I gave up my season ticket, and believe me, you really don't know how lucky you are to have the opportunity to see our team live.

From all expat supporters everywhere, including here in Dubai, you've put it perfectly.

Forever Albion. :bhasign:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
We will go up next season !

PS......does anyone know when the fixtures are out ??!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Teams that finish for 2 or 3 seasons in the Playoff Semifinals often win the Playoffs or are Champions the season after.

Ipswich - 1997, 1998, 1999 (Semi-Finals), 2000 (Winners)
Birmingham - 1999, 2000, 2001 (Semi-Finals), 2002 (Winners)
Cardiff City - 2011, 2012 (Semi-Finals), 2013 (Champions)

So we've either got another 2 legs of disappointment to go followed by success at Wembley in 2016, or we're going to win it next year.

Happy days.

On reflection after the match I've been having the same thoughts too. Onwards and upwards.

Looking forward to the Football Fiesta that is the World Cup now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here