Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The **** Official **** NSC Reaction to the FA Cup Third Round Draw

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
got a boozy mate who's a Reading fan so can probably make this my New Year's drink do (don't participate in amateur night itself)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Totally but interesting marketing test for the club on ticket pricing.
The Stat's attendance will be solely based on ticket price, what with it being post Christmas and straight after Bournemouth.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
qoute from their forum.............Crap tie against a crap side at a craphole ground. Seems to fit in nicely with the current Reading dynamic though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will be interesting to see which way Barber goes on this. I wonder if he will show us his talent and maximize the attendance and extend the club's exposure or simply shut stands down and go for a restricted crowd.

I would really hope that is being post Xmas with home games either side as well the club look to offer this at a very reasonable price - would suggest maximum £20 WSU

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
15 quid my bet,for a 25000 crowd,any higher and will be sub 20000,still not too shabby

Jimmy Grimble

Poor draw from the club's perspective as well. I imagine it'll be a day where they make a financial loss.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would really hope that is being post Xmas with home games either side as well the club look to offer this at a very reasonable price - would suggest maximum £20 WSU

Agree. Be nice to have a new fan/bring a kid initiative as well. I know the prices need buy-in from the opponents so it will test Barber's negotiating skills.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Which bracket are you in-
1 Auto Reserved my seat and glad as it may sell out
2 Auto Reserved my seat, how do I cancel
3 Thank god I didn't Auto Reserve my seat

Mine's reserved and as a fan I'll be there, just keep the price down please.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Which bracket are you in-
1 Auto Reserved my seat and glad as it may sell out
2 Auto Reserved my seat, how do I cancel
3 Thank god I didn't Auto Reserve my seat

Mine's reserved and as a fan I'll be there, just keep the price down please.

Same here.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Pleased with this will be able to get in the family stand and take my 7 yr old to her 2nd game. Suggest barber targets people like me and extend family areas. Whatever the price this still won't be anywhere a full house. Too many spoilt by recent years successes and glamour fixtures. This thread is already showing up how fickle some have become. It's a 3pm Saturday game certain to be discounted. No excuses not to go really.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
was getting slightly excited as there weren't that many balls left and Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham were still in......and then we get fooking READING!!!

suppose we could progress but the actual tie is pony!

£15 please..£20 max

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
One thing I will say is that travel vouchers shouldn't govern how cheap tickets are. The club set a precedent with the Newport game. Scrap the travel voucher and cap the tickets at £20.

One thing I will say is that travel vouchers shouldn't govern how cheap tickets are. The club set a precedent with the Newport game. Scrap the travel voucher and cap the tickets at £20.

It was only possible to do this as the gate for Newport was so low.

Even if the club get the pricing completely wrong, there will still be 15k+ and that many people need to regular travel arrangements in place

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Reading isn't too bad a draw, at least we're at home. There should be a decent away following to help the atmosphere. It could have been much worse.

I'm going.

:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's at home so I'm happy it's not away at some fired up League One or Two team with a shitty winter pitch up North. We are becoming quite demanding in our cup tie expectations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here