Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It was reported (probably fake) last night that the Dolphins owner had apparently offered Flores $100k each game they lost (after the poor 1-7 start) so their draft pick would be better - which Flores was furious with....and, re: Belichick, its rumoured that he messaged Flores by mistake congratulating him on getting the Giants job...but it was before Flores even interviewed, and was meant for Brian Daboll. How true these stories are Im not sure...but I expect it'll all come out properly over the next few weeks.

Anyway...new Washington name and uniform reveal today! Overwhelming favourite is Commanders. Not sure about it myself, but would be better than Football Team for sure. At least they are keeping the traditional Washington colours and not just wiping away all traces of the Redskins. Still think the original logo should've remained though, & just called themselves the Warriors etc. If they didnt want the native image on there, just use the spear design used in the 60s.

The Washington Wokes would be apt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
3de102e763ddb6b6b98b5fc836a1128c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For goodness sake - to be fair on the Giants, once Schoen was appointed as the General Manager it was inevitable he would go back to Buffalo for one of their coaches.

I would have thought Flores had a bigger beef with the Dolphins, given that he had a winning record......

Ironically I mentioned to my son last week that I wouldn't have minded Flores as NYG coach but felt it unlikely........... oh well........

You probably have, but it’s worth clicking on the link and reading more about the story, Flores does indeed have beef with Ross and the Dolphins. It’s a real shit show.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
An early leak, or just someones mock-up of the new Washington away jersey??
Also rumoured that the helmet will be black when the away uniform is used, as the league are supposedly relaxing the one helmet rule??

Ive always loved the Washington home uniforms - but this just looks a bit too "college" to me....???

20220202_100755.jpg

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You probably have, but it’s worth clicking on the link and reading more about the story, Flores does indeed have beef with Ross and the Dolphins. It’s a real shit show.

Yes - seen the Dolphins link now, (my computer said the link was untrustworthy so hadn’t bothered). It is a shit show indeed.

I think it shows the weakness of the Rooney rule, and this type of forced approach. I still maintain the Giants were always likely to go after Buffalo staff because of the new GM.

It should always be best person for the job, Flores shouldn’t have had a problem getting a further HC position, particularly after his record Miami - he probably will now though.

I note he is still in the running for the Texans post.

Last edited:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As a lifelong skins fan, I’ve come to understand the change.
However, Commanders?? Not for me, it’s so American.
Maybe that’s the point. Warriors would have been punchier.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The new name was always always going to be a disappointment

Only decent option was Red Wolves and they basically didn’t want to pay to own the copyright on that one.

Bottom line is if they can get the QB right this offseason and becoming a winning franchise then no one will be moaning about the name ….. big summer for Ron and the front office.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The new name was always always going to be a disappointment

Only decent option was Red Wolves and they basically didn’t want to pay to own the copyright on that one.

Bottom line is if they can get the QB right this offseason and becoming a winning franchise then no one will be moaning about the name ….. big summer for Ron and the front office.

It's a shame Red Wings was a little too 'on the nose' for the current climate.
I thought as just a name it would have been ok, certainly better than Commanders.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's a shame Red Wings was a little too 'on the nose' for the current climate.
I thought as just a name it would have been ok, certainly better than Commanders.

Exactly

I’d imagine trying to come up with a name in this day and age is pretty difficult, all the real options are … well bland aren’t they.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes - seen the Dolphins link now, (my computer said the link was untrustworthy so hadn’t bothered). It is a shit show indeed.

I think it shows the weakness of the Rooney rule, and this type of forced approach. I still maintain the Giants were always likely to go after Buffalo staff because of the new GM.

It should always be best person for the job, Flores shouldn’t have had a problem getting a further HC position, particularly after his record Miami - he probably will now though.

I note he is still in the running for the Texans post.

I think you are misunderstanding the Rooney rule. Its only about who gets to be interviewed not who gets to be employed. It actually helps the best person for the job get employed as it widens the traditional interview field. Rather than just who the owner or GM wants to work for them (especially if they are mates). Whoever gets the job needs to lay out their plans, ideas and what they can bring to the team.

Jul 7, 2003
I see that Flores told the Texans and Saints who he was due to be interviewed by that he was about to launch the law suit.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the case, that must put some real pressure on the execs of those teams as the next ones in the spotlight.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I see that Flores told the Texans and Saints who he was due to be interviewed by that he was about to launch the law suit.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the case, that must put some real pressure on the execs of those teams as the next ones in the spotlight.

In once sense they may be wary of the publicity, but if Flores is whistle blowing something (being paid to lose) that seems to be backed up by a lot of ex players, they may talk to him, and perhaps he is man of principle.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...tions-owner-payments-brian-flores-hue-jackson

Attachments

• Flores 22.png
    Flores 22.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it's a system which rewards failure, I'm not entirely sure why anyone is surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here