Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Is that a management issue pressing him to continue despite the injury ?
Or poor form due to carrying the injury ?

Both, from what I read yesterday! The OC came out and said that it was discussed numerous times - & was decided that Mayfield still gave them the best chance to win games as he was medically cleared, and he himself said he was fine to play.
How a 50% Mayfield is better than a 100% Keenum I do not know....but to everyone else watching it was obvious that his mechanics & timing was shockingly bad after his injury.

Jul 7, 2003
How a 50% Mayfield is better than a 100% Keenum I do not know....but to everyone else watching it was obvious that his mechanics & timing was shockingly bad after his injury.

After his season in Denver, I'd take the 50% Mayfield over Keenum any day!

Jul 7, 2003
Fangio gone from Denver - assume / hope he will take Shurmer with him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
DFP....you and your Jags go and save the best for last. :clap2:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
DFP....you and your Jags go and save the best for last. :clap2:

And while we're at it, put your hands up for Detroit.

They didn't want the #1 pick either!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dreadful season for the Giants.

Gettleman on his way - not soon enough…..

Judge can feck right off as well……. The fact we went for a QB sneak on 3rd and 9, says everything about the confidence in the offence..

Daniel Jones can feck off too….. our leading receiver had approx 550 yards for the season….. Joe Burrow nearly threw for that in one game…..

The offensive line is shit…… Saquon is always injured, we pissed a multi million dollar contract and a lot of our salary on Golladay who has been crap….. Engram drops everything.

At least Jake Fromm through a TD to a wide receiver, our first since October…… But he’s shit and can only throw passes of 15-20 yards at best…..

The defence is okay…..

The next draft isn’t even that good in terms of QBs…..

Rant over

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dreadful season for the Giants.

Gettleman on his way - not soon enough…..

Judge can feck right off as well……. The fact we went for a QB sneak on 3rd and 9, says everything about the confidence in the offence..

Daniel Jones can feck off too….. our leading receiver had approx 550 yards for the season….. Joe Burrow nearly threw for that in one game…..

The offensive line is shit…… Saquon is always injured, we pissed a multi million dollar contract and a lot of our salary on Golladay who has been crap….. Engram drops everything.

At least Jake Fromm through a TD to a wide receiver, our first since October…… But he’s shit and can only throw passes of 15-20 yards at best…..

The defence is okay…..

The next draft isn’t even that good in terms of QBs…..

Rant over

Couple of decent prospects but all of them would need to sit for a year I think …… a lot of QB needy teams this offseason so several average available players are going to get over paid.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Couple of decent prospects but all of them would need to sit for a year I think …… a lot of QB needy teams this offseason so several average available players are going to get over paid.

Yes - think the Heasman runner up would be great but think he is in his Freshman year.

Russell Wilson is declining IMO, so I wouldn’t pay the money. Given where the Giants are, I’d consider an average, unspectacular replacement as an interim (Dalton, Minshew, Fitzpatrick type), and not pay Daniel Jones the big bucks.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes - think the Heasman runner up would be great but think he is in his Freshman year.

Russell Wilson is declining IMO, so I wouldn’t pay the money. Given where the Giants are, I’d consider an average, unspectacular replacement as an interim (Dalton, Minshew, Fitzpatrick type), and not pay Daniel Jones the big bucks.

I think the 2023 draft class looks like being far better for QB’s so several teams I think will look for a short term fix.

Wilson is going backwards fast, however a franchise will still over trade for him, Rodgers will play will he wont be all off season and stay in Green Bay.

Garoppolo might be an interesting one as SF are bound to move on from him this offseason after trading up to snag Lance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hail Mary for the Vegas Raiders and dream lives on.............

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
The Raiders v Chargers game is a classic. Watch the highlights before finding out the result if you can. Remarkable game.

I've just sat and watched the highlights of a few of the games for the last couple of hours. Incredible weekend to finish the regular season off in style. Really shows why we all LOVE this sport :cheery::unclesam:

Still cant believe the Squealers have made it to the post season though... ???:sick: but at least the Ratbirds finished bottom of the AFC North :D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poor all round from the Bears again. In general I think [MENTION=17456]The_Viper[/MENTION] got most of the problems spot on in his earlier post but another frustrating game last night where we went from seemingly in control to running out of steam. The overturned TD on review (correctly) and subsequent massive sack on 4th and goal from the 1 summed up the whole sorry mess.

At least I can go into the playoffs with the only care being Anyone But Packers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here