Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Likewise, from the Seagulls to the Seahawks.

No excuses tonight. After that shambles against NY Giants last week, we need to demolish the Jets and start acting like a playoff team again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Likewise, from the Seagulls to the Seahawks.

No excuses tonight. After that shambles against NY Giants last week, we need to demolish the Jets and start acting like a playoff team again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely - I am still in shock at how awful they played... although I do expect Wilson to take the Jets apart tonight, it’s very rare he has 2 awful games in a row.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yep been with them since 83 too! We have been so utterly awful bar maybe 2005 and 2012 since 1990 it's been a tough team to support. I hope the NFC East can get back to being a good division. At least we have a shootout with the Giants to end the season now, it could be a lot of fun.

Still a lot of holes on the team but they have made massive strides since week 1. With all the turmoil surrounding the organisation what Ron has achieved thus far is remarkable. Good luck to the Browns this season too, nice to see them finally give their fans something to shout about, you have all earned that!

Been hard to support them for a while that’s for sure.

Great to see what a change Riverboat Ron is making, but like you say still several holes that need filling in the secondary and at WR I think.

Issue with the upturn in results is where do they go now long term at QB ? Alex Smith has been fantastic since his return and could obviously see him returning in 2021. However if the resurgence continues where do they go from there ? With no high draft pick and holes to fill at the draft does that mean a mid round guy to learn behind Smith next year or is Snyder going to be reckless and pull off another blockbuster trade for a QB or a high draft pick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders are live on Sky tonight, yay

Jul 7, 2003
Watching the Broncos beating the Panthers - more enjoyable the stuff on my other screen!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well in the least surprising news of the evening, the Packers are now now down a TD.

I'll be amazed if Rodgers gets out of this one alive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the Packers have won the NFC North - again.
They jointly hold the #1 seed.
They have the tie-breaker.

Which is nice.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I rarely post on this thread because I have a massive inferiority complex over how little I understand about the game compared to most of you guys. Plus my team are, historically, pretty awful. But.........permission to get excited about the Bills this year?! Two massively impressive wins on the bounce, guaranteed to finish above New England for the first time in 20+ years, Josh Allen having a breakthrough season. It's taking away some of the pain I'm getting from watching The Albion this season, that's for sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Packers drafting Jordan Love seems to have lit a fire under Aaron Rodgers. Looks as good as ever.

Assuming he's 'all that' & the even bigger assumption that Rodgers acknowledges his presence in Green Bay.

It would be great if Love to hang in there, learn, and become the third in line to the throne.

Having a 3 QB dynasty that starts in 1992 and ending sometime in 2030's would be quite something.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I rarely post on this thread because I have a massive inferiority complex over how little I understand about the game compared to most of you guys. Plus my team are, historically, pretty awful. But.........permission to get excited about the Bills this year?! Two massively impressive wins on the bounce, guaranteed to finish above New England for the first time in 20+ years, Josh Allen having a breakthrough season. It's taking away some of the pain I'm getting from watching The Albion this season, that's for sure.

Something for you to enjoy:-

[tweet]1338341620958130178[/tweet]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have to say after the debacle in Leicester watching the Washington defence dismantle San Francisco was an absolute delight. Chase Young had himself a game, oh my it was a thing of destructive beauty. Will be interesting to see how they fare against Danger-russ next week

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Absolutely gutted this morning.

Thought we had the momentum and were going to win that one...even though we weren't on our "A" game last night...then Lamar F*****G Jackson has to come back into the game :censored:

I hate that guy with a passion....has put me in a foul mood today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Thought we had the momentum and were going to win that one...even though we weren't on our "A" game last night...then Lamar F*****G Jackson has to come back into the game :censored:

As an aside it's somewhat discombobulating to see Browns fans wrapped up against the cold AND celebrating. :lol:

Jul 7, 2003

No consolation to you but as a neutral, that was a great game to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh pants.

I've only just found out I don't even have a Packers win tonight, to look forward too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here