[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another Seattle win.

Rubbish game; 26 possessions but only 4 scoring drives, and we played pretty poor offence (with the exception of one superb trick play TD, worthy of any highlights reel), but jeez the Eagles were woeful.

Apart from a meaningless garbage-time TD, they stank. We go to 9-2, Philadelphia to 5-6... but incredibly they’re still in the playoff race just as much as we are: only a game behind their divisional rivals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, watched that on Sky, mostly through my fingers, cringing. Dropped handoffs, fumbles, over throws, under throws. Absolute comedy. At least you won. I've never warmed to "the Eagles" for some strange reason.......

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
At least you don't have Derrick Henry running over you again until next year!

Earlier in the season, when Minshew was QB and Ramsey and Dareus were playing he was held to 61 yards. Absolutely no surprise he rumbled all night long yesterday. The Jags have surrendered 699 yards rushing in the last 3 games, have lost by more than 20pts in each of those 3 and have a points differential of 36-111. All 3 of those games were divisional matches. Horrific.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Any Lions fans on here?
I’m sorry but as a skins fan I really need to gloat....
If I’m correct we one a game..... it really must be Xmas!

Yes. What an awful, awful game.

Highlight being Haskins missing the final snap as he's taking selfies with the crowd.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Yes. What an awful, awful game.

Highlight being Haskins missing the final snap as he's taking selfies with the crowd.

Awful? Awful???
It was amazing, WR’s won....
from where I’m sitting that’s as good as it gets hahaha...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
21 Oct
But jeez, that’s the first time I’ve seen Lamar Jackson play a full game. Impressive.

4 Nov
Good to see the Patriots finally lost. Having watched Lamar Jackson last week, I’m not surprised - the Ravens could be Super Bowl contenders I reckon.

26 Nov
Ravens 45 @ Rams 6.
Jackson had six possessions: TD, TD, TD, TD, TD, TD.
I love what Russell Wilson does for us Seahawks, but I think the MVP debate is over.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That’s a shame to see Ramsay’s Rams getting passed all over and run into the ground in LA. I’d say they’re pretty much eliminated from the Play Off race. Nice interception by Marcus Peters, the guy they traded away to make room for Ramsey.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Hard to disagree...

You wont ever find better pairings than these IMO....Madden with either Pat Summerall or Al Michaels was the pinnacle of commentating.

58609-full.jpg
c06_6madden_06_25183561.jpg

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Always enjoy a bit of Thanksgiving football - and tonight wont be any different! Not sure the Lions will do much against the Bears with rookie David Blough starting under center (hows that for a baptism of fire!...."OK kid, first game, you've got the whole world watching you, now go out there and see what you can do!")

I have tomorrow off, so may watch the whole triple header for once!

Interesting article on how the Thanksgiving games came about....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...hanksgiving-nfl-teams-records-on-the-holiday/

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Always enjoy a bit of Thanksgiving football - and tonight wont be any different! Not sure the Lions will do much against the Bears with rookie David Blough starting under center (hows that for a baptism of fire!...."OK kid, first game, you've got the whole world watching you, now go out there and see what you can do!")

I have tomorrow off, so may watch the whole triple header for once!

Interesting article on how the Thanksgiving games came about....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...hanksgiving-nfl-teams-records-on-the-holiday/

I think the Bills and Cowboys looks like the pick of the bunch with Cowboys in 1st place in the NFC East and the Bills in play off position in AFC, whilst the Lions v Bears looks like the appetizer - with Lions losing 4 in a row and forced to play David Blough as a 3rd string quarterback

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone purchase an NFL one week pass for 99p?

Think offer still on.

NFL.com

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Probably the worst game of the season by the Cowboys on the second biggest stage after Super Bowl. Cowboys made mistake after mistake with their atrocious defense allowing the Bills to put on a show and take it 26-15. Great result for the Bills considering where they finished last season. Jason Garrett made some very questionable play calling and his job has to be under considerable pressure after defeat by the Pats.

Have to admit I don't like the current playoff format. Neither Dallas or Philly are legitimate playoff teams, yet one of them will not only be in the playoffs but will be hosting a playoff game against a team that has had a much better season.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Neither Dallas or Philly are legitimate playoff teams, yet one of them will not only be in the playoffs but will be hosting a playoff game against a team that has had a much better season.

Sadly true, and highly likely to be my team, Seattle. We could well finish something like 12-4, 13-3 maybe, but have to go 8-8 Dallas or Philly.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
State of the NFC East, I mean really - we should give the winner's playoff slot away to one of the other divisions :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders having their usual mare of a game against the Chiefs

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Bad day for New York teams - both the Giants and the Jets lost. Packers beat us 31-13, always blame it on the heavy snow at MetLife Stadium.

giants snow.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here