Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes they do, though the NFL is a copy cat league so the look of the Pro game looks a bit more uniformed.

Some teams like to run what is known as The West Coast Offence. This a pass first style offence, quick short passes as well. This has two effects on the opposition defenses.

Quick passing stops the Blitz and it nullifies its effectiveness, it also means the D will put in a Nickel back, this is usually a Safety to replace a Linebacker as they are quicker and can chase receivers better. This though opens up the run game as the LB core and Secondery back off into coverage.

Other Offences will go run heavy, to draw the LB's and Secondary upto the Line of scrimmage to block. this opens up the big down hill pass, or the ''play action' play. this is when the QB fakes the nad off to the Back, cuasing the Secondary to stop for a second (as the think they will have to come up to help stop the runner) this free's the WR for the big bomb over the top.

What I've explained is a very basic guide on certain types of offence.

:wave: bye Hampster thanks for dropping in. :lol: :kiss:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
They looked at Toronto with the Bills but that has proved to be a non starter.

What makes you say that? It was the Bills, not the NFL, that looked at Toronto. The reason they haven't moved to Toronto is because the new ownership doesn't want to. If other would-be owners had been successful, they may well have moved to Toronto. I don't think it is at all fair to say it proved to be a non-starter.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why would the Berlin market hold no value to the NFL?

Kudos to start with, London is an Alpha City, almost 3 times the population of Berlin, no one in America is interested in Berlin, let alone American players living there.

NFL is all about money, and London , outside the U.S is where its at for the NFL.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What makes you say that? It was the Bills, not the NFL, that looked at Toronto. The reason they haven't moved to Toronto is because the new ownership doesn't want to. If other would-be owners had been successful, they may well have moved to Toronto. I don't think it is at all fair to say it proved to be a non-starter.

All 32 teams would vote on that. Yes the Bills new ownership want to stay in Buffalo now, but the new market of Toronto to look at would have had the go ahead from the NFL.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes they do, though the NFL is a copy cat league so the look of the Pro game looks a bit more uniformed.

Some teams like to run what is known as The West Coast Offence. This a pass first style offence, quick short passes as well. This has two effects on the opposition defenses.

Quick passing stops the Blitz and it nullifies its effectiveness, it also means the D will put in a Nickel back, this is usually a Safety to replace a Linebacker as they are quicker and can chase receivers better. This though opens up the run game as the LB core and Secondery back off into coverage.

Other Offences will go run heavy, to draw the LB's and Secondary upto the Line of scrimmage to block. this opens up the big down hill pass, or the ''play action' play. this is when the QB fakes the nad off to the Back, cuasing the Secondary to stop for a second (as the think they will have to come up to help stop the runner) this free's the WR for the big bomb over the top.

What I've explained is a very basic guide on certain types of offence.

I prefer the long throw (run heavy?) approach i think but i guess teams mix it up

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I prefer the long throw (run heavy?) approach i think but i guess teams mix it up

Look in the AFC or NFC North for your team.

Though if you want to stay in the East and not be a glory hunter then go with the Buffalo Bills., they play in Blue and white as well :cheers:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This Bengals play calling is awful tonight. What is Jackson doing? :facepalm:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Not to mention, as someone said earlier, they play in one of the very best divisions, which is steeped in NFL history.

Exactly, I know they are the most successful team ever, but they have the richest history, none of this moving around. And they have the best rivalry, as you say the best division unlike some divisions in the AFC!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

I thought I'd kept it simple.
Take out all the words that aren't exclusive and specific to the NFL, and there ain't a lot left.

You need to channel your inner week 1 Gary Imlach.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've seen enough already to know the Bengals are in "choke in the big game " mode. :facepalm:

It's like watching the same game 4 years in a row. :facepalm:

I've seen enough of this team to know we'd lose after the first 5 minutes of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here