Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good to see the Steelers varying the way they lose. After the offensive horrorshows of weeks 1 & 2, the offense finally fires (after the 1st quarter anyhow) only to be undermined by a glut of turnovers.

Do you think the NFL were looking at a "showdown" between 2 0-3 sides to open the Wembley series this year?

As if that wasn't bad enough, Marshawn Lynch being rested in the second half and getting only 60 odd yards total rushing and no TD's for Seatle against the hopeless Jags has pretty much lost my fantasy league match up for me barring a DeMaryious Thomas miracle tonight.

Kaepernick has another stinker, whilst Alex Smith's making many new friends in Kansas.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
0-3, the worst start for the Giants since '96. Another battering - this time 38-0 by the Panthers.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As someone who follows the Broncos, life is pretty good at the moment

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No thanks. Ridiculous Idea.
That's not important!!!

Wembley is a huge white elephant.
The NFL are struggling to make more than the current $9billion!!, hence 18 game seasons.
The NFL needs to expand it's boarders.

Who cares what the people think, money talks.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
As someone who follows the Broncos, life is pretty good at the moment

I am a HUGE Broncos fan and this is indeed looking like its going to be a fun season. What Manning has done so far is unbelievable. If he maintains anything like that kind of pace, the single season touchdown, yardage and points records could all be in jeopardy.

Thing that I really like though is the way the defense is playing and it'll only get better when Champ Bailey and Von Miller return from injury and suspension.

Only cloud on the horizon is losing Ryan Clady for the season but, despite giving up a sack which led to a fumble against the Raiders, Chris Clark played really well so we should be ok there.

The other "only cloud on the horizon" is that the way last season ended coupled with start they have made this season means that anything short of the Super Bowl will be a disappointment.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's not important!!!

Wembley is a huge white elephant.
The NFL are struggling to make more than the current $9billion!!, hence 18 game seasons.
The NFL needs to expand it's boarders.

Who cares what the people think, money talks.

They wont make money in London, It'll go the same way as NFL Europe once the novelty has worn off.

Currently people come from all over the UK and Ireland, Germany Spain etc to watch the I.S . A London franchise would have to rely on London and surrounding areas for home support as the cost would be too much for 8 home games for most people. London is hard enough to get in and out of as it is.

Everyone who goes to the I.S goes as it's a yearly chance to watch a live game so we all turn up in our 32 different teams jerseys and have a good day out.

I'd say 90% of those fans would never give up supporting their current team to support a London team.

Also Wembley would not be viable to use as the pitch would be ruined during winter with the NFL on it.

The NFL need to look at L.A and possibly Toronto as their next Franchise destinations.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I am a HUGE Broncos fan and this is indeed looking like its going to be a fun season. What Manning has done so far is unbelievable. If he maintains anything like that kind of pace, the single season touchdown, yardage and points records could all be in jeopardy.

Thing that I really like though is the way the defense is playing and it'll only get better when Champ Bailey and Von Miller return from injury and suspension.

Only cloud on the horizon is losing Ryan Clady for the season but, despite giving up a sack which led to a fumble against the Raiders, Chris Clark played really well so we should be ok there.

The other "only cloud on the horizon" is that the way last season ended coupled with start they have made this season means that anything short of the Super Bowl will be a disappointment.

Never back a team that starts hot, they always fade, look at the Texans last year.

The Broncos are looking good but I think they'll start to fade come December. They'll win the division though cause the rest are crap .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately they have plenty of competition atm :(
That is true, but once you take out all the teams that will never move, all eyes point to J/Ville.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
........what has London done that is so bad that Goodell would lumber it with the Jags
That's the beauty of the NFL.

No team is lumbered for too long, unless you are really pi$$ poor from top to bottom.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That's the beauty of the NFL.

No team is lumbered for too long, unless you are really pi$$ poor from top to bottom.

774px-Cleveland_Browns_logo,_2006_to_present.svg.png

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
0-3, the worst start for the Giants since '96. Another battering - this time 38-0 by the Panthers.

0-3 to playoffs ?? - it has been done. Chargers in '92, Lions in '95 and the Bills in 98, so I live in hope.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm sure I remember the Browns being good once, or at least having a good player (QB?) - sometime towards the end of the eighties possibly?

edit: Wikipedia reveals it was of course Bernie Kosar. Also I'd managed to forget Jim Brown played for them too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here