The OFFICIAL NFL 2013 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another bad week for NFC East which got shut out 0-4 in week 2; Giants, Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins all lost.

NFC East used to be the best division in the NFL, by far – now all four teams look flawed.

The Beast In the East is severely wounded. Only the Eagles are not giving their fans fits at the moment. It is a very sorry division at the moment.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Browns trade Trent Richardson to the Colts for next years 1st round pick. :wozza:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
are they gonna use it to draft another qb?

You think? Next year will be better for QB's in the draft especially if some of third year guys go early. Bridgewater is solid, Boyd looks to have a good year this year, McCarron has grown way beyond his game manager tag, and there is the prospect of Manziel swapping the SEC circus for the NFL. I think Mariota will play out his full four years.

Good move for the Colts if they can keep Richardson upright, will take the pressure off Luck.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
You think? Next year will be better for QB's in the draft especially if some of third year guys go early. Bridgewater is solid, Boyd looks to have a good year this year, McCarron has grown way beyond his game manager tag, and there is the prospect of Manziel swapping the SEC circus for the NFL. I think Mariota will play out his full four years.

Good move for the Colts if they can keep Richardson upright, will take the pressure off Luck.

from what i've seen of those guys - i think i'd either take Bridgewater or Boyd, or wait until Mariota is available and go all in for him

Manziel comes with too much baggage

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
from what i've seen of those guys - i think i'd either take Bridgewater or Boyd, or wait until Mariota is available and go all in for him

Manziel comes with too much baggage

Pretty much agree with all that. Manziel would need an extremely hard coach I think. I think McCarron could be a draft steal bottom of the first or even a second round pick. He has matured each and every season, and seeing as Bama have given up defending he is more important to them than ever.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Think a better O-line would be better at that. Why do teams think they can fix this by adding a RB?

Hope Trent is good at blocking cause he'll be doing a lot of it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Browns have got some serious options in next years draft but imagine having to watch them for the rest of this season, you'd be furious. They might even beat the Jags to the first pick.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Browns have got some serious options in next years draft but imagine having to watch them for the rest of this season, you'd be furious. They might even beat the Jags to the first pick.

They had that the other year as well. Just pulled this from another site, saved me typing it anyway.

The Browns now have the ammo to trade up for that franchise QB they so desperately need in the 2014 draft. Problem is they've been here before. In the 2012 draft they were armed with the 4th and 22nd overall picks with the Rams shopping the rights to RG3 just two spots higher.

Remember the Julio Jones trade to Atlanta two years ago when the Browns held the 6th overall pick?

The results are in for that deal.

For Jones, perhaps a top 5 WR in the NFL today, Atlanta sent a 1st round (27th overall), 2nd round (59th) and fourth round (124th) picks in the 2011 draft, and 1st (22nd overall) and 4th (118) round picks in the 2012 draft to Cleveland.

Cleveland received:

2011:
27th - Traded with a 3rd round (70th overall) pick for the 21st pick - DT Phil Taylor.
59th - Greg Little - multiple drops and traffic violations. Benched for Davone Bess.
124 - Owen Marecic - cut a year later and signed this week with the 49ers).

2012:
22nd - Brandon Weeden
118th - Traded to Minnesota as part of the Trent Richardson deal.

It's not a stretch to envision a situation in Cleveland where RG3 is throwing to Julio Jones or just staying put in 2012 and taking Ryan Tannehill and Doug Martin without the need to trade any other picks.

Cleveland have basically turned the 6th and 4th overall picks in the last two years into Phil Taylor and the Colts 2014 1st round pick (likely to be in the mid teens to early 20s range).

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They had that the other year as well. Just pulled this from another site, saved me typing it anyway.

The Browns now have the ammo to trade up for that franchise QB they so desperately need in the 2014 draft. Problem is they've been here before. In the 2012 draft they were armed with the 4th and 22nd overall picks with the Rams shopping the rights to RG3 just two spots higher.

Remember the Julio Jones trade to Atlanta two years ago when the Browns held the 6th overall pick?

The results are in for that deal.

For Jones, perhaps a top 5 WR in the NFL today, Atlanta sent a 1st round (27th overall), 2nd round (59th) and fourth round (124th) picks in the 2011 draft, and 1st (22nd overall) and 4th (118) round picks in the 2012 draft to Cleveland.

Cleveland received:

2011:
27th - Traded with a 3rd round (70th overall) pick for the 21st pick - DT Phil Taylor.
59th - Greg Little - multiple drops and traffic violations. Benched for Davone Bess.
124 - Owen Marecic - cut a year later and signed this week with the 49ers).

2012:
22nd - Brandon Weeden
118th - Traded to Minnesota as part of the Trent Richardson deal.

It's not a stretch to envision a situation in Cleveland where RG3 is throwing to Julio Jones or just staying put in 2012 and taking Ryan Tannehill and Doug Martin without the need to trade any other picks.

Cleveland have basically turned the 6th and 4th overall picks in the last two years into Phil Taylor and the Colts 2014 1st round pick (likely to be in the mid teens to early 20s range).

Wow, thanks for that. It's nothing short of disasterous. Can anyone see a situation where they try and get Josh Freeman from Tampa? He's undoubtedly a very decent prospect, who's probably in need of a fresh start as much as anything else or will they leave it to a 1st or 2nd draft pick in 2014? I can't believe they are just going to try and limp through the season with this offense.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
browns-jersey.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
even if you didn't know it at the moment you'd guess the Redskins defence is 32nd in the NFL :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports