The OFFICIAL *** Maggie Funeral Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Regardless of her politics, her decisions and the undoubted divisions that she created, she was a mother and a grandmother. For those posting bile-filled drivel, just try and put yourself in the shoes of her family grieving her loss today. Imagine how felt/would feel when you buried a close relative.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
according to the Guardian you could buy 16,949,152 pints of milk - enough to give everyone in London two pints each for the same as it costs to bury the old bag, or 60% of a Trident missile.

Security wouldn't cost nearly as much if there wasn’t a threat from idiots celebrating the death of an old lady.

Also, Labour started planning this funeral - in 2006. Blair loved Maggie.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
There'll be babbling ranters from each side, neither knowing when to take a break, or listening to an alternative view. I'm anti-Thatcher to the hilt, but not to the body of a woman long out of power, and now out of life. I offer her no respects, but no direct ire either as there are always new villains to tackle with breath in their ungodly lungs to deliver some terrible treatment to people.

ok, thats fair enough..........but, and this is my last Thatcher post ever, whilst its great to take that viewpoint just hang on for a second and have a think about why some of us have become babbling ranters over the last few days, we might have a reason, a really really good one that does not involve MILK, MINERS, BATTLESHIPS, UNIONS, DIVIDING THE COUNTRY OF MY BIRTH, SELLING OFF THE STATE ASSETS ETC ETC (ALTHOUGH THEY ARE ALL GOOD REASONS) but might involve something much closer to home, something that had a direct result on a family members health, well-being, sanity, life etc............I won't go on.

I'm a sane, quite nice bloke in real life, lots of friends, blah blah but I reservethe right to have raved like a babbling ranter for the last few days because the policies that Thatcher and her government introduced pretty much fcked up a member ofmy family for a long time, and it does not matter whether it was an argie missile, a health cut spend, one of her thug coppers going mental on a picket line..................it happened. And if calling her an evil old witch and being glad she is dead gets me banned from this board, then just do it now.

The end.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
That's rich coming from someone who has publicly stated that they hope to see some peaceful protesters killed today.

You are so typical of the mad-eyed, mouth-frothing, better-dead-than-red, ragingly paranoid little Englander Tory that Thatcherism inspired. Your numbers are hugely reduced, but there are clearly a few of you left, seething and spewing your hate and bile on anything and everything that does not agree with your warped worldview.

You have my pity.

What rubbish. Who exactly is "seething and sprewing hate and bile" here?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I assumed he was being self-deprecating. Then i realised he was serious :(

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This isn't a funeral it's a thoroughly distasteful political event which is outrageously being funded by the taxpayer. It is beyond parody that such a divisive figure gets such a national send off.

Great leaders unify their country and bring people together with a shared sense of purpose, Thatcher did the exact opposite.

Her funeral should be a private one, for family, friends and colleagues who wish to remember, not some tawdry over-the-top triumphalist spectacle.

Exactly this.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Tens of thousands of people lining the 2 mile route, cheered and clapped and applauded all the way.

R.I.P MT

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
so NSC has a political policy? Hitler bashing is ok on here, but Thatcher bashing not ok? i think he mods need to put up their rules on views on the world......

sigh.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
so NSC has a political policy? Hitler bashing is ok on here, but Thatcher bashing not ok? i think he mods need to put up their rules on views on the world......

sigh.

Ah, the old Hitler argument. Have you heard of Godwins law?

Flex Your Head

Yer man [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION]. Just a cursory glance down his posts reveals his true colours.

On protestors, no-one is lower than them, not even murderers or rapists: "They are simply worse than dog shit"

Commenting on someone hoping that protestors would be arrested: "This. Hopefully AFTER cracking a few of their thick sculls. Hopefully we will see a few die"

On the topic of people dying in an earthquake: "Oh well, shit happens. Hardly anybody for us to cry over is it?"

Hateful and bilious enough for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports