Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL *** Maggie Funeral Thread ***

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Is she the one that took us in to an illegal war in Iraq, while kissing a U.S President's ass? Just checking.
I wonder if the chattering classes in Hove will raise a mug in their oh so independent coffee shops in Hove when the face of New Labour turns up his toes?
I have zero time for that charlatan, but I won't find joy in his passing when it comes, or disrespect those he leaves behind.
Right I'll remove myself from this thread now so I don't have to read any more vitriol from the usual suspects.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is she the one that took us in to an illegal war in Iraq, while kissing a U.S President's ass? Just checking.
I wonder if the chattering classes in Hove will raise a mug in their oh so independent coffee shops in Hove when the face of New Labour turns up his toes?
I have zero time for that charlatan, but I won't find joy in his passing when it comes, or disrespect those he leaves behind.
Right I'll remove myself from this thread now so I don't have to read any more vitriol from the usual suspects.
That's her spiritual and political son and heir you're talking about.

Flex Your Head

I don't fit that category. But I do think your comment was totally sick and probably just as typical of many who share your political views.
So my 'Thatcher is a vampire' quip which is undeniably in poor taste and second rate at best is "totally sick and probably just as typical of many who share your political views"? Firstly, what are my political views? Do you have any idea at all?

Secondly, my quip is totally sick and worthwhile enough to comment on, yet you let these gems go past without comment?

Yer man [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION]. Just a cursory glance down his posts reveals his true colours.

On protestors, no-one is lower than them, not even murderers or rapists: "They are simply worse than dog shit"

Commenting on someone hoping that protestors would be arrested: "This. Hopefully AFTER cracking a few of their thick sculls. Hopefully we will see a few die"

On the topic of people dying in an earthquake: "Oh well, shit happens. Hardly anybody for us to cry over is it?"

Any thoughts on what his political views are, or comments you'd like to share on his quotes?

Flex Your Head

Haha, you really are a sad little retard aren't you? An Jose thinks he is the "special one" lol

You deserve to live in the rat-hole of Sydenham Hill, no wonder you are so bitter living there! lol

Why would you think I am a sad little retard? Based on what?
Is the best you can come up with? A sneery and woefully inaccurate little critique of an area a couple of miles up the road from where I live?

How about trying to justify your comments without sounding like a 'sad little retard'?

On protestors, no-one is lower than them, not even murderers or rapists: "They are simply worse than dog shit"

Commenting on someone hoping that protestors would be arrested: "This. Hopefully AFTER cracking a few of their thick sculls. Hopefully we will see a few die"

On the topic of people dying in an earthquake: "Oh well, shit happens. Hardly anybody for us to cry over is it?"

Foul, ignorant, hateful words. If you can't accept that then you genuinely have problems.

Oh, PS 'rat-hole'? Hardly - Houses for sale in the sydenham hill area with KFH Estate Agents.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Makes no difference to his original point though, does it?

Thatcher supposedly fixed Britain, but given the state of it today, it is clear that it was at best a botched job - arguably most of the major problems in the past few years are direct consequences of her actions: selling the north sea oil? deregulating the banks? selling iraq/afghanistan weapons? creating 'ghetto estates'?

Not to mention that she is a direct role model for Blair, Cameron et al and the style over substance attitude which prevails in politics today.

Post of the day. Great work fella.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So my 'Thatcher is a vampire' quip which is undeniably in poor taste and second rate at best is "totally sick and probably just as typical of many who share your political views"? Firstly, what are my political views? Do you have any idea at all?

Secondly, my quip is totally sick and worthwhile enough to comment on, yet you let these gems go past without comment?

Yer man [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION]. Just a cursory glance down his posts reveals his true colours.

Any thoughts on what his political views are, or comments you'd like to share on his quotes?

You can say what you like about others but don't have a go at Maggie on her special day. This seems to be the order of the day from those who critise others for bias.

How this mong hasn't been banned is beyond me.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Totally agree. The government should be ashamed of themselves. A quiet private family affair would have been much more dignified instead of spunking millions of money the UK does not have on someone a sizeable number of people seriously dislike.

More shrill hysterical hypocrisy.......................you sound like that reactionary softcock Owen Jones who said.......................

"I'll be doing everything possible to avoid this taxpayer-funded party political broadcast for Thatcherism. Instead of a dignified send-off to mark her death, a de facto state funeral for the most divisive politician in modern British history has been forced on us - at our expense." (Owen Jones, columnist, The Independent)

This is the man who recently accused Osbourne and the right wing media of vilifying benefit claimants and especially large families with out of work parents during the recent Philpott trial. It was Owen's assertion that families of more than 10 children were a tiny minority and not representative of benefit claimants generally despite recent data indicating they could cost the UK tax payer £12m p.a.

61,000 benefits for 190 families - MSN Money UK

Owen Jones: Hatred of those on benefits is dangerously out of control - Commentators - Voices - The Independent

So, at this point that £12m is money well spent and not a problem, but then he is more generous than that, as when he refers to benefit fraud he says........................

"Benefit fraud does exist – according to Government estimates, it is worth less than 1 per cent of welfare spending – but the most extreme examples are passed off as representative, or as the "tip of the iceberg". The reality is all but airbrushed out of existence."

Lest we forget that the welfare budget is 159bn p.a. So in this context on the one hand he infers that £1bn in fraud is not a problem for the taxpayer, yet he is full of piss and wind over £10m. What a wanker.

UK welfare spending: how much does each benefit really cost? Visualised | News | guardian.co.uk

I am no ****ing Tory but you lefties need to get your arguments straight, and whining about the £10m cost of this funeral after the amount of tax money Labour were happy to piss away in their last term is ****ing laughable.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
There have been some quality comments on twitter

"@frankieboyle: This guest list is a damning inditement of the inefficiency of the IRA"

"@JonDennis: It's what she would have wanted: UK unemployment rises to 2.56 million

"@frankieboyle: The combination of hairspray and hatred could see her body burn for 100 years like a Kuwaiti oilfield"

Classic behavior. When you know sod all, quote others.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
"I'll be doing everything possible to avoid this taxpayer-funded party political broadcast for Thatcherism. Instead of a dignified send-off to mark her death, a de facto state funeral for the most divisive politician in modern British history has been forced on us - at our expense." (Owen Jones, columnist, The Independent)

Hard to argue with that. Whichever side of the fence you are on.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
News at 10 last night featured an outside Broadcast from St.Pauls trailed as " the latest news from Baroness Thatchers funeral" news?... She's still dead.

It was worth it to see Osborne and Bernard Ingham weeping. Anything that makes them blub is heartening. I just wish they would show some emotion for poor people.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I just wish they would show some emotion for poor people.

What? you mean provide them with a welfare state that gives them, free of charge, health, education and housing, plus of course a full benefit package as required.

Out of interest, how much do you do for poor people then?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What? you mean provide them with a welfare state that gives them, free of charge, health, education and housing, plus of course a full benefit package as required.

Out of interest, how much do you do for poor people then?

I'm an A&E nurse mate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/buthelezi-mistaken-for-ray-charles-1.1502276#.UW-g-qKLCSo

Inkatha Freedom Party leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi was mistaken for the late singer Ray Charles at former Britain prime minister Margaret Thatcher's funeral in Britain, it was reported on Thursday.

While the Bishop of London, Richard Chartres, gave his sermon, cameras suddenly turned to “a dapper-looking Ray Charles”, The Times newspaper reported.
Lady Thatcher died of stroke last week, aged 87, having governed Britain between 1979 and 1990.
Buthelezi was among the dignitaries who bade farewell to the “Iron Lady”.
Confused viewers took to the social media network Twitter about “Ray Charles” attending the funeral.
@Jlloydbutler: “Why are Netanyahu and Ray Charles sitting next to each other?”
@TheShottstepper: “Ray Charles?”
@bumface69: “Ray Charles at #thatcherfuneral; WTMF?”
@PaulStafford12: “Good of Ray Charles to show up all the same. What'd I say?”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More shrill hysterical hypocrisy.......................you sound like that reactionary softcock Owen Jones who said.......................

This is the man who recently accused Osbourne and the right wing media of vilifying benefit claimants and especially large families with out of work parents during the recent Philpott trial. It was Owen's assertion that families of more than 10 children were a tiny minority and not representative of benefit claimants generally despite recent data indicating they could cost the UK tax payer £12m p.a.

61,000 benefits for 190 families - MSN Money UK

Owen Jones: Hatred of those on benefits is dangerously out of control - Commentators - Voices - The Independent

So, at this point that £12m is money well spent and not a problem, but then he is more generous than that, as when he refers to benefit fraud he says........................

"Benefit fraud does exist – according to Government estimates, it is worth less than 1 per cent of welfare spending – but the most extreme examples are passed off as representative, or as the "tip of the iceberg". The reality is all but airbrushed out of existence."

Lest we forget that the welfare budget is 159bn p.a. So in this context on the one hand he infers that £1bn in fraud is not a problem for the taxpayer, yet he is full of piss and wind over £10m. What a wanker.

UK welfare spending: how much does each benefit really cost? Visualised | News | guardian.co.uk

I am no ****ing Tory but you lefties need to get your arguments straight, and whining about the £10m cost of this funeral after the amount of tax money Labour were happy to piss away in their last term is ****ing laughable.

I quite like Owen Jones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did not think it possible to despise Clueless George any more than I could but after yesterday's performance I realise I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here