• No Not enough experience for this challenge

Votes: 56 39.2%
  • Meh - A Burke/Barber Stooge

Votes: 19 13.3%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No thanks. Done absolutely nothing to show he warrants a higher league job. Big budget for a league 1 club and consistently fallen short.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Illustrious playing career at the likes of Oswestry Town, Ryll and Marine to name but a few, Experience at the highest level and wise at the age of 34.

Its a NO from me.

Yes that is an undistinguished playing career; a bit like Arsene Wenger's or Jose Mourinho's.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
So
4dab2873d14a62f6f18d20a58191a97d.jpg

All league teams, find one in KR profile and post that....

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Yes that is an undistinguished playing career; a bit like Arsene Wenger's or Jose Mourinho's.

And may well be worth a punt, if we were not already in a relegation fight. You could say the same about a number of potential candidates and if we all had a crystal ball we would be rich.

Based on Fact ,he is not experienced enough - in my opinion of course.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is Meh a fence/don't know option? the wording is so biased, some would interpret A Burke/Barber Stooge as a No vote and Yes, would not be winning (Currenty).

Absolutely this - wording is so judgemental. If there'd been a 'fence' option (with perhaps a slight hint of 'meh') that's what I'd have ticked. Perhaps 'don't know' (yet) would have been an even better option.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
And may well be worth a punt, if we were not already in a relegation fight. You could say the same about a number of potential candidates and if we all had a crystal ball we would be rich.

Based on Fact ,he is not experienced enough - in my opinion of course.

He has five more year's league management experience than Gus Poyet had when we appointed him whilst in a relegation fight.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
He has five more year's league management experience than Gus Poyet had when we appointed him whilst in a relegation fight.

Don't remember Gus playing non league fubol all his career though do you?

Its still a NO from me despite your statto arguments. Thanks anyway though yeah.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Robinson would be an OK choice for me; just nothing to get very excited about. Pulis or Hughton I'd have danced in the street in delight; McDermott I'd sort of grudgingly accept. I'll just be thankful if it isn't one of the nightmare selection on the 'Who do we want next' poll, like Hoddle, Keane or Sven..........geez. Any of those would send me spiralling into a deep depression (and probably us into League 1 as well).

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
People on NSC tend to have certain tickboxes when it comes to managers, and they are usually the things they criticise after a few poor results.

English Manager....Tick
Shows passion....Tick
Plays attractive football....Tick
Plays attacking football....Tick
Can work within a budget....Tick
Will provide opportunities for Academy players....Tick

Will change tactics if they aren't working....?
Willing to stand up to Recruitment....?

Experience in Championship....No
Experience winning Promotions/Trophies....No

I think if you look at all other candidates he ticks more boxes than for example Pulis, Hughton or Sven.
He is also very highly rated by other managers and is clearly very intelligent at coaching shown by how quickly he has qualified.

I'm a firm Yes for Mr Robinson....Get it done Tony.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Five year's experience at failure. Should come in handy at the Albion.

If failure is having a better win percentage than our last ten managers then I fear whoever is appointed is going to come as a disappointment to you.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If failure is having a better win percentage than our last ten managers then I fear whoever is appointed is going to come as a disappointment to you.

In League One. With, at first, the biggest budget in the league. And then an adequate budget. And then a small one, once they had the players they needed.
Hyypia would have a decent record playing the likes of Crewe and Crawley.

They've been expected to be promoted for the last five years. He's failed every time. This year will be no different.
The new age Danny Wilson.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
34 years old,absolutely no experience whatsoever above league 1 and cheap and a YES man !!
Sounds like the man for Bloom

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Then guided them swiftly back down again.
And failed year after year after year at Bristol City which, if you hadn't guessed was the comparison I was drawing.

Which supports the point I was making. Managers perform differently at different clubs and at different points in their career. Just because he hasn't yet got over the line with his current club, doesn't mean that he couldn't here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here