Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"Yes Man" CH, Won't be allowed to sign anyone.
Midtable for ten years until we can sell some academy players and then get near the play offs again.
Profit/Business/Profit, whilst season tickets continue to increase with inflation.

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life - de dum de dum dedumdedumdedum

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
according to Wikipedia Leeds have 40 registered players

thats a few more than 24 established players.

But how many of them have are over 21 and have started at least five league games for them this season?

EDIT:
http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1524&teamTabs=records&teamTabs=stats

Only players who have appeared in matchday squads are listed. 32 players. So 8 of those registered have never made it to a matchday squad.
Of those 32 only 16 have started 5 or more games.

So, right there is room for at least 8 (free) signings (on annual wages + agents fees not totalling more than £600k).

There may be more room if any of those 16 are under 21.

I can't decide of the embargo is a joke because it still allows signings, or if the restrictions on fees and wages limits the quality you can sign.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Expect Hughton to give CMS new contract as he tried to sign him from us when Norwich manager so rates him highly.

Maybe he might actually get the best out of him yet.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If we don't get at least 2 quality players in during the window I will bash some one up, so you will be an accessory to crime if you don't report me to the police.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I can't decide of the embargo is a joke because it still allows signings, or if the restrictions on fees and wages limits the quality you can sign.

Back-door to a salary cap... when a salary cap sensu stricto might cause EU and PFA problems....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we don't get at least 2 quality players in during the window I will bash some up, so you will be an accessory to crime if you don't report me to the police.

Your going to bash players up :lolol:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Bournemouth looking to spend big £1.5M bid to Birmingham for Demarai Gray rejected. Brentford spent a million on young star from Rangers, who had numerous clubs chasing him.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Will be really interesting to see how much we do spend and if the summers mistakes have been learned from. Big month for the club, no excuses as quality is needed and it's going to cost!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
ha ha. I meant some one! edited it

Ha ha,:laugh:I know you did but it made me laugh a lot,what players were you going to get for us is what i wanted to know...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here