The official 'I've realised I'm past it and too old' thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't feel very well and i simply begrudge paying pubs entrance fees either. I could quite easily do £50 tonight on booze otherwise.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Never had much interest in NYE even when I was something of a force majeure in the hedonistic arena.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Sat with a pal and a crate of pedigree seeing the chimes in with Jools Holland.

I'm 32.

that said, with the year I've had, it's the best way, I can't be dealing with amateur night, paying for the privilege of drinking in a pub that I wouldn't usually frequent, to be accosted by a drunk 55 year old divorcee soaked in lambrini. Sod that!!

Happy new beer everyone :wave:

I recall paying £55 for a ticket to get into Worthing's old Q Club several years ago for NYE. I think my NYE mojo died a painful death that night.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
And to you old bean. Here's to staying in with a fine malt and some even finer music.

That makes me wistful. Supping a nice malt was something my old man and I used to do at New Year as a regular tradition (forebears from North of the border and all that). Now he's full of anti-depressants and I frankly can't be bothered.

We just watched the fireworks as a family (bro is back from Japan), which I thought were pretty spectacular. Anyway, a happy New Year to my fellow NSCers. Hoping it's a better one family-wise - 2014 was a beggar, and better for the Albion under CH.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
56. Mug is six years over the hill.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
I must be getting old because, the only exercise I get now is in getting out of bed 6 or 7 seven times a night for a piss. Hence the stupid time of night I'm posting this !!. Hey but looking on the bright side I still have a mental age of 18.
Must go now time for another visit goodnight all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sat with wife, a Remy Martin Brandy watching Queen concert what is not to like about that? Think the lead singer Adam Lambert is doing Freddie Mercury proud.

Your wife's a brandy?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You know you're too old when it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
I must be getting old because, the only exercise I get now is in getting out of bed 6 or 7 seven times a night for a piss. Hence the stupid time of night I'm posting this !!. Hey but looking on the bright side I still have a mental age of 18.
Must go now time for another visit goodnight all.

Don't wish to alarm you but a trip to the doctors might be a good idea!

Stayed up to see the New Year In, went to bed and read for bit aftewards. Am I being a grumpy git but I find fireworks at midnight a bit "meh" and what are they thinking of when they set the off at around 00:45??

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I've been too old for a long time. My physical parts are all wearing out and my mental capacity appears to be doing likewise.

Best thing to do is have a midlife crisis and take up surfing, or buy a Ferrari, or 'find myself' in Goa.

Another glass of wine might have to suffice tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports