Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 'I've realised I'm past it and too old' thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good night everyone. Happy New Year.

Very poor, I was up to 2am last night and fully expect to see 2015 in tonight although I will probably arrive there minus some kidney cells and liver function.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bloody hell! Stop it right now! You don't have to get old if you don't want to, it's all a state of mind (58 in two weeks time and in my prime). That said, I've never been much interested in NYE and so I am also one of the 'trying to find something decent to watch on TV sadoes.

I thought Jason Manford's effort was OK but the Alan Carr is tres poor. Also, really unimpressed with Jools line up tonight, too many nasal crooners, vowel manglers and whimp singers for my liking. OK, let's see if Boz Scaggs can still be Boz Scaggs but where is the Royal Blood, Drenge, Sleaford Mods or Fat White Family? This line up is like a Radio 2 ten years ago.

I know one person at least who would eviscerate you for slagging a line up that includes Wilko Johnson. Add to that Nutini is a top end crooner of note so it's a big yes from me.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I know one person at least who would eviscerate you for slagging a line up that includes Wilko Johnson. Add to that Nutini is a top end crooner of note so it's a big yes from me.

I've got no problem with Wilko or Paolo, seen them both play live this year and they are tidy. But for me, this line up is uninspiring and unimaginative. However, I can live quite happily with being alone in that view. HNY.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Thank you matey.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank you matey.

You are welcome, bad things happen if good people stand by and say nothing. Happy New Year by the way.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
You are welcome, bad things happen if good people stand by and say nothing. Happy New Year by the way.

And to you old bean. Here's to staying in with a fine malt and some even finer music.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And to you old bean. Here's to staying in with a fine malt and some even finer music.

I'm staying in with an old lush and a bottle of Port plus some random Belgians. Expect to see the results on BBC South Today tomorrow night.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
20 years old, I've been out for most of the day but it hit 11pm and I felt like a warm drink and bed. ffs, what's happened to me? :(

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sat with a pal and a crate of pedigree seeing the chimes in with Jools Holland.

I'm 32.

that said, with the year I've had, it's the best way, I can't be dealing with amateur night, paying for the privilege of drinking in a pub that I wouldn't usually frequent, to be accosted by a drunk 55 year old divorcee soaked in lambrini. Sod that!!

Happy new beer everyone :wave:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Coming up for mid fifties, had a craving for egg and chips since boxing day so that's been sated. Looking after the 9 month old grand daughter so I'll have an alcoholic beverage tomorrow when her mum sobers up after hitting a party and comes to pick her up. Baby monitor blinking a lullaby at me:mad::yawn:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Sat with a pal and a crate of pedigree seeing the chimes in with Jools Holland.

I'm 32.

that said, with the year I've had, it's the best way, I can't be dealing with amateur night, paying for the privilege of drinking in a pub that I wouldn't usually frequent, to be accosted by a drunk 55 year old divorcee soaked in lambrini. Sod that!!

Happy new beer everyone :wave:

I quite agree with you. And as for paying the sodding pub entrance money for the pleasure....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here