Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The official Fridat drinks thread

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just finished working for the year and have cracked open a Brewdog Triple Hazy, their amplified version of Hazy Jane. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION], have you tried this yet?

Yes I have, and also the Hazy O-G, both are very nice I thought. Did you try the Double Punk (8%), that is really good. I wouldn't bother with the Jack Hammer though, I though it tasted like a Special Brew throwback.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I've been craving Guinness all through lockdown, I never liked it before though?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Give Brewdogs Jet Black Heart a go, I reckon it knocks spots off any Guinness I've ever tried.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Lucozade orange while watching Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump in the World Grand Prix semi-final snooker.

I really know how to live life on the edge. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, a Tiny Rebel Shakedown Mango Vermont gets me started.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes I have, and also the Hazy O-G, both are very nice I thought. Did you try the Double Punk (8%), that is really good. I wouldn't bother with the Jack Hammer though, I though it tasted like a Special Brew throwback.

The whole Jane range is damn good. I like Double Punk and have tried Jack Hammer ....which (whispers) I like 🙂 I like really bitter double IPAs so it works with me...my Xmas stash includes a few cans

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brewdog Mistletoe Mafia Festive Vienna Lager next.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Champagne, Drappier Brut Nature Pinot Noir Zero Dosage. Recommended when I asked for something very dry. They were not wrong.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The whole Jane range is damn good. I like Double Punk and have tried Jack Hammer ....which (whispers) I like 🙂 I like really bitter double IPAs so it works with me...my Xmas stash includes a few cans

I’m not a Brewdog fanboy but I do love much of their stuff, just started a Layer Cake which is blumming marvellous.
Think I need to go shopping tomorrow and find some gems for Xmus.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Do they have tea plantations in Dorset? Probably not, in which case why do they put a pretentious label on it. Same as Yorkshire Tea...

I believe it is to do with the blend rather than the origin.

Yorkshire tea can be a bit harsh whereas I find the Dorset blend more refreshing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I love Jack Hammer ! A solid west coast IPA generally.

I’ve just cracked open a Siren Death By Chocolate cake stout. Every year they release a series of decadent beers and so far so good !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shit, I had no idea it is Friday. I thought it was Wednesday or maybe Thursday. Difficult to keep track when its dark literally 24/7.

I want to meet human beings. Or maybe just a cat. Or just something a bit more interactive than a fruit fly. Its just been six weeks since I saw or heard the voice of anyone I know but it feels like six months. No christmas or new years coming up to break the monotony. Nada. La Madre is working in the currently worst off carehome in Sweden and can not take the risk of me dragging home this virus, she's the only experienced nurse left. Its a war out there and I'm fortified in this couch. This couch is my life. For how long **** knows.

And in the midst of it all... the Swedish alcohol monopoly. 45 minutes on a tram got be able to get myself drunk. No chance. Just moving around in this 18 sqm apartment is overwhelming. Friday is nothing. It means its been about four days since I flushed my toilet though. Twice a week is how often I can stand the 24 hours of constant whistling and loud dripping from the toilet once its flushed.

On the bright side I went to the store today. I bought cigarettes, pasta, pesto and milk. Since its not possible to completely close the door to my "french balcony" its always cold in here - the milk lasts forever despite me not daring to open the refrigerator since in February. I will have fresh milk for days. Its one of those small things that makes life worth living.

Sounds like you are actually living within the film " Minority Report " ..... things WILL get better, the days will get longer, the vaccine will come to all. Hang on

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Opened the Christmas beer tonight, Long Man APA.

If previous years are anything to go by It'll be gone by next week...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's my birthday, and thus I have consumed several glasses of prosecco (socially distanced and with a substantial meal).

Merry Christmas, everyone :kiss: xxxx

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A big shout out for the mother, doing an invaluable job.
Stay positive and try anything new to break the monotony. Learn a new skill, there is a wealth of info on the interweb as what the new skill could be. Drawing, there's a good start. I bet there is even a few recipes you could try with your super cooled, super fresh cow juice. Grab a camera and take photos from the window. Spot how many things are in the photo that you didn't see at first glance. A few days time, the days start getting longer, document the changing light at certain times of day.
This pandemic has affected everyones way of life, don't let it get the better of you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here