Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So I've spent all my budget for the summer and this is my team:

GK: Ankergren
RB: Calderon
CB: Greer
CB: Andrew Davies (loan from Stoke season)
LB: Adam Drury (loan from Norwich season)
CDM: Bridcutt
CDM: Frimpong (season loan from Arsenal)
CM: McGugan (1.9M)
AML: Vicente
AMR: Buckley
ST: CMS

Subs from
LuaLua
Dunk
Brez
Hoskins
Dicker
Painter
Vincelot
Harley
Barnes

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Played my game again for the first time in ages yesterday, could concievably win the Premiership in my first season up!! Considering I got thrased by the big teams the first few games I have no idea how, 3 games left and am 3rd level with Man U in 2nd and 3 points behind City in 1st! City at the top only have 83 points so no one has had any form, guess thats how! Now need to get the time to hopefully beat Everton away, Sunderland home and Wigan away with City dropping points due to European commitments!

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
1st season - finished 16th! Almost got the sack but talked my way out of it to mr bloom, (blaming injuries)

2nd season - Mr Blooms faith was repayed as finished 2nd (only due to Wolves being unstoppable and only losing 1, which was again Brighton at the Amex)

3rd season - 1st game lost 6 - 0 to city away :facepalm: followed by a spirited defeat to Liverpool losing 1 - 0 due to Kuyt 92nd minute goal, keep losing 1 - 0 so annoying as its either last minute or a screamer but 19th due to Villa be complete pants.

Transfers - Curtis Nelson was a superb buy from Plymouth for £750k, for the prem season brought Jordan Spence for 4.2m which beat the record fee, but scouts say he's one for the future, got shorey on loan but its pants! Also brought Petter Vaagen-Moen from QPR during the Jan transfer window in my 2nd season for 1.5m and he was a beast and by far my best player in the prem, aslo signed Miroslav Klose on a free but couldn't be registered in time as already had 25 players :facepalm: (and now moaning bout not playing first team football!)

Thats the summery anyway :moo:

Last edited:

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Also forgot to mention i think the games much more down to tactics than the past games, as 1st season was a shocker in 16th, completely changed the tactics n stormed it second the next season, without any real changes to transfers etc..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Won the Championship quite easily first season but now in December of the second season and rock bottom of the Premier. All 3 teams that went up, me, West Ham and Burnley are now marooned at the bottom, the step up is dramatic!

Think I made a mistake with my transfer policy, signed Robert Huth for big money and wages which also meant a couple of my players wages went up to match him which has left me skint and with a very thin squad. Will take a miracle to stay up now.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
1st season - finished 16th! Almost got the sack but talked my way out of it to mr bloom, (blaming injuries)

2nd season - Mr Blooms faith was repayed as finished 2nd (only due to Wolves being unstoppable and only losing 1, which was again Brighton at the Amex)

3rd season - 1st game lost 6 - 0 to city away :facepalm: followed by a spirited defeat to Liverpool losing 1 - 0 due to Kuyt 92nd minute goal, keep losing 1 - 0 so annoying as its either last minute or a screamer but 19th due to Villa be complete pants.

Transfers - Curtis Nelson was a superb buy from Plymouth for £750k, for the prem season brought Jordan Spence for 4.2m which beat the record fee, but scouts say he's one for the future, got shorey on loan but its pants! Also brought Petter Vaagen-Moen from QPR during the Jan transfer window in my 2nd season for 1.5m and he was a beast and by far my best player in the prem, aslo signed Miroslav Klose on a free but couldn't be registered in time as already had 25 players :facepalm: (and now moaning bout not playing first team football!)

Thats the summery anyway :moo:

Did the same with Amauri - Doh!

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Im really enjoying this game, as i always buy the game but in recent years been very disappointed in it and end up not playing.
But this year the game seems a lot more realistic and has a lot more to it, i just wish the game could be watched a bit closer, im Hyde in my 1st season only 8 games in and in 5th place so quite happy with this start.
Aiming to maybe get Hyde upto the conference or leave for someone like Lewes if they get promoted to conference south, Eastbourne etc and the move onto albion in future i hope, but brighton at the moment not looking good they have won one game out of 9 and that was vs Palace lol

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
10 games in, won 9 lost 1, Peterborough at home >_>

Through to the 4th round of the league cup where I'm at home to United who are also my feeder club and I got Ben Amos on loan from them too, Poyet may not like the loan system but I do!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Quick question to ALL FMers: Who uses/watches the 3D engine during games? Who sticks with text? And if text, why?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Glad I'm not the only one to be really struggling in the Prem! If I stick to the short passing principles I seem to dominate possession but not score, and if I try a more counter attacking, direct system teams just put 4 or 5 past me! Singed Bobby Z who can't hit a barndoor, CMS is also struggling. My top scorer is my centre half so far!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just about to start in the Premiership, have cleared out a lot of my squad from the first season and spent my £17m budget on mainly up and coming players which I think is going to be a mistake. It was difficult to get any experienced premiership players on affordable wages though. Haven't really changed my strike force either so expecting goals to be hard to come by.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Quick question to ALL FMers: Who uses/watches the 3D engine during games? Who sticks with text? And if text, why?

3D because you have no idea whats going on with text and if your tac is working.
The best time was with the 2d system but I can't not use 3d now as its finally looking half decent. But for some strange reason the gameplay seemed most realistic in 07/08 when it was all 2d icons running about......

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

At the moment text, was playing 3d fine till last week but it keeps freezing now need to look into it more. Not sure why.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm appraoching the end of my second season, having got promoted in the first season.

Just lost 3-0 to Everton in the FA Cup Semi-Final but 11th in the Prem with 5 games to go and pretty much safe from relegation.

I haven't done too much transfer wise either, as I enjoy using the current squad and developing them as a lot have good potential.

I signed Lee Hodson from Watford for about 1.2m and he's replaced Calde as my first choice right back. He's been brilliant and has really developed over the course of the season.

I also signed Neil Taylor from Swansea for a similar fee, he's replaced Painter at left back and has been really good as he's quick and can join in with the passing game.

My big signing was Fabrice Muamba who's playing as a ball winning midfielder and has been an ever present consistant rock in the side.

Also signed a guy called Jeroen Simaeys from Genk who's been good as a holding centre mid or centre back for 450k.

Finally I replaced Ankergren with Huddersfield goalkeeper Alex Smithies who has a great future ahead of him.

So my starting 11, has been:

Smithies
Hodson - Greer - Dunk - Taylor
Bridcutt
Muamba - Vicente
LuaLua-----------------Noone
Mackail-Smith

Mackail-Smith is top goalscorer with 13 but LuaLua has been my player of the season so far with 6 goals and 10 assists.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Interesting to see you've still got Greer in there Turkey. All my coaches were telling me he was going downhill and his rating dropped so I sold him. Noone has got a bad injury during preseason which is a shame

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Interesting to see you've still got Greer in there Turkey. All my coaches were telling me he was going downhill and his rating dropped so I sold him. Noone has got a bad injury during preseason which is a shame

Were you playing him whilst he was going downhill? I suspect as he's 32 (in my game) he'd start to tail off soon but so far he's been and has been a regular in my side (29 league starts from 33). Dunky has just got better and better and is now just as good, if not better than Greer.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Were you playing him whilst he was going downhill? I suspect as he's 32 (in my game) he'd start to tail off soon but so far he's been and has been a regular in my side (29 league starts from 33). Dunky has just got better and better and is now just as good, if not better than Greer.

Yeah him and Dunk were the regular centre backs so he played at least 30 games. As you say Dunk has got better and better and by the end of the season was definitely first choice centre back for me, scores quite a few too!

I'm lacking a stand out player as captain for the new season without Greer though, too many youngsters now. Might have to give it to Vicente!

Just started my 7th season.... 6th season was a success, Lost in the FA Cup final to Norwich, got to the Quarters of the Europa League and came 6th in the league! History on my game has been
1st Season: 11th in Champ
2nd: 2nd in Champ
3rd: 13th in Prem
4th: 8th in Prem
5th: 7th in Prem, League cup runners up(Arsenal won so got a europa place)
6th: 6th in Prem, FA Cup runners up, Europa League quarters

Currently only have Dunk and Buckley who have come on leaps and bounds, Noone plays for West Brom and is very accomplished in the prem as well! Pilfered South America for some gems though, including a regen called Oscar medina who is mental good!

Oscar medina:
ra5a4g.png

Bought him for 1.3mil :D Has Mourinho(Still at Madrid) on his favoured personnel though....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

2D normally , runs quite fast and let's you keep an understanding of who is where etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports