Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "Dobbie to Palace" thread [merged]

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hang on a minute you can't change the record that quickly you have been on here all season saying this was the year in your cycle you 'go for it' and that there would be a significant amount of business done in January to cement your promotion push. In fact I am sure it was you trotting out names like Adomah, Ebanks Blake and DJ Campbell.

So if the money is there and it is your best chance of promotion in your 'cycle' then why has your transfer activity consisted of a 40 year old striker (which is ironic considering the taunts of our squads age from your lot) and a player who has not featured in the last 4 brighton match day squads.

Hardly the sign of a club 'going for it' is it??

This was the year we go for it. However now that we've got a deal worth over £15m for Zaha, we can afford to have another couple of years. Looking at the table it's pretty clear that we've done a good job. However, I'm sure CPFC2010 didn't anticipate the frankly mental money people wanted. They gave a breakdown of the figures a deal for DJ Campbell would involve:

£750k loan fee til the end of the season to QPR
£250k signing on fee for DJ Campbell
£25k a week wages
£3k appearance bonus
5% of this total in addition to go to his agent

The money is obviously there as we tried to do several deals. However, the money is there to be spent properly - not wasted. Bristol City wouldn't sell Adomah as they he was pretty much their only chance of survival. SEB was going to cost "well over a million" for a player who was out of contract in the Summer.

The money will be spent, but we won't throw it away on overpriced players. In the Summer we can get much better value and make much better use of the cash when we know what division we're going to be in.

As for Dobbie, the fact that he hasn't featured in Brighton's last 4 match day squads is irrelevant. Clearly he doesn't fit in at your club, but he was superb when he came on the other day and completely changed the game. I am delighted that we've signed him because he's a top class player at this level. Brighton are the only club in several years that he hasn't succeeded at.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This was the year we go for it. However now that we've got a deal worth over £15m for Zaha, we can afford to have another couple of years. Looking at the table it's pretty clear that we've done a good job. However, I'm sure CPFC2010 didn't anticipate the frankly mental money people wanted. They gave a breakdown of the figures a deal for DJ Campbell would involve:

£750k loan fee til the end of the season to QPR
£250k signing on fee for DJ Campbell
£25k a week wages
£3k appearance bonus
5% of this total in addition to go to his agent

The money is obviously there as we tried to do several deals. However, the money is there to be spent properly - not wasted. Bristol City wouldn't sell Adomah as they he was pretty much their only chance of survival. SEB was going to cost "well over a million" for a player who was out of contract in the Summer.

The money will be spent, but we won't throw it away on overpriced players. In the Summer we can get much better value and make much better use of the cash when we know what division we're going to be in.

As for Dobbie, the fact that he hasn't featured in Brighton's last 4 match day squads is irrelevant. Clearly he doesn't fit in at your club, but he was superb when he came on the other day and completely changed the game. I am delighted that we've signed him because he's a top class player at this level. Brighton are the only club in several years that he hasn't succeeded at.

So despite having your best chance at promotion for a long time your owners have decided that despite the zaha trillions they are prepared to chance your promotion hopes and pray you hang on into the promotion spots. This of course on the basis that because you have money you will now be challenging for promotion for the next 3 years (despite all the additional clubs with premier parachute money next season).

Just so I understand the latest position as you change your stance so often it's hard to keep up.

Good luck with that

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So despite having your best chance at promotion for a long time your owners have decided that despite the zaha trillions they are prepared to chance your promotion hopes and pray you hang on into the promotion spots. This of course on the basis that because you have money you will now be challenging for promotion for the next 3 years (despite all the additional clubs with premier parachute money next season).

Just so I understand the latest position as you change your stance so often it's hard to keep up.

Good luck with that

Did you even attempt to read what I posted?

Gambling for promotion by wasting money is NOT the way to run a football club. We've been there before and I'm very happy we're not going there again. We will use the money sensibly to sign players for sensible fees. We won't overspend.

As for the comment on parachute payments - look at the league table. I'm not referring to the nine point gap between Palace and Brighton, I'm referring to the fact that both Bolton and Wolves are down at the bottom despite their massive parachute payments.

Also, we didn't get trillions for Zaha. We have a deal that with addons could be worth over £20m. Do try to keep up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rubbish. The reason Adomah didn't join Palace is because we didn't have an offer accepted by Bristol City.

That link proves absolutely nothing. As usual when it comes to the shite you post.

You called me a liar on the George Boyd thread , yet when I proved that my post was entirely accurate you pissed off for a few days as you couldn't weasle out of it. Bristol City were prepared to sell Adomah at a reasonable price but you cannot admit that the player would have turned the deal down in order to sign for a BIG CLUB.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Did you even attempt to read what I posted?

Gambling for promotion by wasting money is NOT the way to run a football club. We've been there before and I'm very happy we're not going there again. We will use the money sensibly to sign players for sensible fees. We won't overspend.

As for the comment on parachute payments - look at the league table. I'm not referring to the nine point gap between Palace and Brighton, I'm referring to the fact that both Bolton and Wolves are down at the bottom despite their massive parachute payments.

Also, we didn't get trillions for Zaha. We have a deal that with addons could be worth over £20m. Do try to keep up.

PROVE it "could be worth over £20m"

EVERYWHERE in the media it's quoted "£10m rising to £15m"

And you have the bare faced cheek to query anything posted about your tinpot outfit with NOTHING to back it up at all in any way shape or form whatsoever.

Put up or shut up Steve

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You called me a liar on the George Boyd thread , yet when I proved that my post was entirely accurate you pissed off for a few days as you couldn't weasle out of it. Bristol City were prepared to sell Adomah at a reasonable price but you cannot admit that the player would have turned the deal down in order to sign for a BIG CLUB.

He's full of turd sog, thinks if he posts it it makes it true :lol:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Of course the real reason the Croydon pikies didn't spend any money is because the Zaha money will, like most transfer fees these days, be paid in instalments and the bulk of it is going to be paying off not only the £5million+ debts incurred this season but any current debt which will be significant despite the propaganda spun out by CPFC2010. There will be little or nothing for the Yokel to spend. Seaside (GM) will no doubt continue to spout the party line based on no evidence whatsoever. I have the twat on ignore but expect he is still regurgitating the same old lies and fantasy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course the real reason the Croydon pikies didn't spend any money is because the Zaha money will, like most transfer fees these days, be paid in instalments and the bulk of it is going to be paying off not only the £5million+ debts incurred this season but any current debt which will be significant despite the propaganda spun out by CPFC2010. There will be little or nothing for the Yokel to spend. Seaside (GM) will no doubt continue to spout the party line based on no evidence whatsoever. I have the twat on ignore but expect he is still regurgitating the same old lies and fantasy.

This

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are you lot still talking about this? My word...

Well, technically he's still our player, was terrible for us, but appears to have had a good debut for you just 3 days ago. Reasonable to have a discussion I'd have thought.

It's a sad day when Palace fans tell us on our own board what we can, and cannot discuss, no?

He has form for weaseling out - expect a name change soon.:lolol:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Well, technically he's still our player, was terrible for us, but appears to have had a good debut for you just 3 days ago. Reasonable to have a discussion I'd have thought.

It's a sad day when Palace fans tell us on our own board what we can, and cannot discuss, no?

I was talking more about the Zaha transfer and what we should/shouldn't have done with the money received, I didn't really make that clear! Better get back to speaking about Dobbie as I thought Bozza had banned all talk of young Wilfried? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here