Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Direct Debit wrong amount thread

Jimmy Grimble

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Mine is 3 pence more than documented and quoted prices but my under 10 is correct ....

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
With a DD you have lots of legal rights. The first of these being that the collector must inform you of any amounts being collected in advance of doing so. If they collect the wrong amount or not inform you then you can go to the bank. Have a look at the bit of paper you get with all DD's that you are meant to tear off and keep.

I know this, but am in two minds whether to ask my bank for a refund because I can see this causing all sorts of problems about then being in arrears with the payments even if I ring them up and pay the correct amount by card.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club do seem to have an ongoing issue with the under/over 10 thing.

For the current season I was initially going to be charged the 10+ rate for my daughter even though she was 9. Fortunately I spotted this before the first DD was taken so was able to call the club and have them correct it in time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know this, but am in two minds whether to ask my bank for a refund because I can see this causing all sorts of problems about then being in arrears with the payments even if I ring them up and pay the correct amount by card.

Agreed - going to your bank is only likely to cause issues. Call the club and get them to sort it out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As with all direct debits only take it up with the bank if the originator of the DD fails to sort it out within a reasonable time.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is it too late to cancel DD?

What, the day after it is due to go out? What do you think?

I'm sure if you want to pay the remainder in full it won't be a problem, though.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
You may want to check that the under 10 is valid for next season, my daughter went to under 18's last season as she turned 10 before September. So the rule appears to be that as long as they are under 10 before September then it'll be under 10 all season.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You may want to check that the under 10 is valid for next season, my daughter went to under 18's last season as she turned 10 before September. So the rule appears to be that as long as they are under 10 before September then it'll be under 10 all season.

My son is not 10 til June 2014

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine is correct. This is going to be a massive admin exercise for the club.

Interesting point as I recall Barber going on about how the DD is a huge free unsecured* loan the club undertake and it is important to the supporters to ensure their details are all up to date and payments maintained so the club do not incure any extra costs and costs being oh so important with FFP etc etc. Shame they have not done the same from their end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I called in at the stadium this morning. The ticket office is aware that there is a 'glitch' with some concessions and have made a list of those that need to be corrected. These will be implemented next Monday and the remaining 11 payments will be adjusted accordingly.
It might be worth ringing/calling in, to check that your name is on the list.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I called in at the stadium this morning. The ticket office is aware that there is a 'glitch' with some concessions and have made a list of those that need to be corrected. These will be implemented next Monday and the remaining 11 payments will be adjusted accordingly.
It might be worth ringing/calling in, to check that your name is on the list.

Thanks, I have e-mailed them, but was going to speak to them prior to tonights game

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am glad this thread was raised as it made me remember that 3 out of 4 of my ST's are on DD but one of them I paid in full. Quickly rang the club and said I had forgotten to pay one and they have bunged it on DD with 11 payments starting next month (so I don't forget next year :)). Thank God I didn't leave it too late my daughter would have killed me!

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Just checked to see if mine have been taken, and they have. Not sure if they are correct as never had notification from club on how much the increase was, but appears to be minimal amount so happy with that.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I got an email from the club a few weeks ago telling me what my DD amounts were going to be from April, including showing that the first amount would be a few pence more than the remaining payments.
My bank details show the correct first-month amount being taken today.

Note that the club have publicised that fact that they intend using email (rather than paper post) wherever possible. So please make sure that, if you have provided an email address, it is still up to date. If you still don't seem to be getting them, check your Junk/Spam folder - if they are in there, mark the emails as "not junk" and add the sender to your "safe senders" list.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Shouldn't we have received a letter or something with some details or price etc? I haven't received anything from the club, but they have taken money from my account obviously.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
i cancelled mine (moving country so cant have a ST anymore). last years DD disappered off my account with the last payment, however last night a new DD with the albion was set up but no money taken. so i'm a tad confused.
I cancelled my season ticket in January as I am now living in the USA for work and I cancelled my DD at the same time. I have just checked my UK account and the Albion have taken the money from my bank for 2 season tickets and set up two more Direct Debits on my account... outrageous!! Check your account I bet they have taken the money out too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here