Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official "car crash in the snow" thread

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
When I left for work on Friday morning there wasn't any snow so it would have looked a bit odd me saying that wouldn't it?

I concede it would. And, just to be clear I wasn't seriously suggesting that you should have done that. I really want the work shy fop to be sacked for his piss taking.

Last edited:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I did the easier thing, and chose to buy my house a 5 minute walk from work. No transport/commute issues.

That was until I was asked to travel from Luton to Manchester on Friday afternoon to help out with some issues at the airport. Took 2 hours to get from Luton to Northampton on the M1, and the rest of the journey was easier (5 hours total though). At least it then took me only 2.5 hours to get back home yesterday.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
There seems to be so many unhappy with there jobs! why, if you unhappy there change and do something you like doing, You spend a very high percentage of you life at work, so it need to be something you enjoy. I've been there, hated what i did and whinged and bitched about it to anyone who would listen. so went out and changed to something i like.

Easier said than done!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Driving back from Crawley yesterday afternoon, there was a car on its roof, in a ditch, on the A23 near the turning for Hassocks. Ambulance, and another car at the scene, no sign of passengers. Looked all very new, so they may have still been in the car. Made the rest of the journey home very scary. Tried Googling to see if they were alright, but can't find anything in the local rags.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Driving back from Crawley yesterday afternoon, there was a car on its roof, in a ditch, on the A23 near the turning for Hassocks. Ambulance, and another car at the scene, no sign of passengers. Looked all very new, so they may have still been in the car. Made the rest of the journey home very scary. Tried Googling to see if they were alright, but can't find anything in the local rags.

No news is hopefully good news.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Which junction is the one for Hassocks? Do you mean at Pyecombe?

The A23 was perfectly ice-free when I drove down it this morning at 7. In fact, it was so clear that it convinced me to drive over Falmer Road to Woodingdean, which I'd initially not planned to do. That was fine, too.

However, there was a car off the side of the road up there on it's roof (police aware stickers all over it).

Our garage door. Wife's car slid down the drive on the ice and into it. I was in garage at time getting shovel and grit organised to clear drive. Wife and car ok, garage door not. Been meaning to get a new one since we moved in 6 years ago :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw 2 today - dropped motorbike in Eastbourne and a serious 2 car smash this morning on the A259 up on Beachy Head.
Oddly enough, there were no motorcyclists weaving in and out of the traffic on the way home this evening ?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Managed to crash my car today, after leaving work early because of the treacherous road conditions!!

Only 5 minutes after leaving work, travelling at about 10 mph, turned the steering wheel to go left and because of the snow on the road, the car carried on straight ahead, into another car.

Been on hold to my insurers for ages trying to report it so obviously i'm not the only one who has had a crash today.

Any other NSCers similarly unfortunate?

Either going to fast or turned the wheel the wrong way.

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
I ve seen two today in Mile oak, One was a head on but not major coming together of two cars that block the road for a while and the other was going down the hill on Mile oak road when everyone was trying to get somewhere someone had abaorded a car on the left side of the road and other car was coming down the hill too fast lost grip and smashed into the side a load of people saw it happen too.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Best advice is not to drive unless essential.

If you are driving and are unsure on level of grip, high gear and minimal inputs to steering wheel.
Use gears to brake yourself.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
My wife's Mini was hit this morning. A cyclist !!!! came off in front of her car on the way to work. She managed to gently brake and avoid hitting the rider and then heard a thump as the car behind her failed to stop in time. Luckily no-one was hurt. Typically the Sun's out now and no sign of snow on the roads.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I saw a couple of cyclists this morning in the most treacherous conditions, what prat seriously thinks it is a good idea to try and ride a bike in these sorts of conditions? I saw 2 of them fall off and simply laughed at them for being so bloody stupid.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Saw a couple of minor shunts lastnight and the usual muppets both sexes revving away like a good-un and going nowhere looking totally bemused and revving even more and all this whilst stuck noseto tail hardly moving ..... just laughed as i walked past as they probably thought i would give them a push to get them moving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here