Hurst Green
FSTE 100 tanked this morning

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
FSTE 100 tanked this morning
Silicon Valley Bank must be playing in to this to some extent. Also think it is why Hunt is looking to give pensions a boost. A lot of investment and private equity was funded by SVB and need the pension money investment.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Silicon Valley Bank must be playing in to this to some extent. Also think it is why Hunt is looking to give pensions a boost. A lot of investment and private equity was funded by SVB and need the pension money investment.
After the losses Monday it had started to recover. Mind you I did gamble earlier buying £5000 in the Vanguard FSTE 100 fund in my pension.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
brave opener, predicting we'll not go into recession. hostage to fortune there.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
frozen some duties, will help lower inflation. its all passing around at the back so far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
frozen some duties, will help lower inflation. its all passing around at the back so far.
Yep other than the childcare stuff it does feel a little dull so far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Increase of Corp Tax to 25% from 19%. Big hike for businesses making profit of £250k or more.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
investment in carbon capture a bigger deal than most will probably realise or credit. cant feasibly attain net zero without it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
20 minutes ago Hunt said: "They (Labour) put taxes up, we put them down.!" This is a staggering bare-faced lie.

In just 17 days time any limited company making more than £50,000 of profit will see the rate of corporation tax they pay increase by an eye-watering 7 1/2%. Here, the present 19% rate will increase to 26 1/2% on all profit from £50K - £250K, then down to 25% for profits over £250K.

Indeed, tax on company and the dividends those directors take have increased by so much that - for the first time in my accountancy career of 26 years - many will be better off by taking higher PAYE'd salary than small salary / high dividend.

Today's Budget has help for big business but NOTHING for small businesses.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Increase of Corp Tax to 25% from 19%. Big hike for businesses making profit of £250k or more.

but....

The hike is only set to affect around 10 per cent of businesses.

Firms with profits of less than £50,000 will continue to be taxed at 19 per cent, while companies with profits between £50,000 and £250,000 will be subjected to a tapered rate, and they will be able to invest in IT, plant or machinery and have the amount taken off their taxable profits in full - essentially a full refund of 100 per cent.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
20 minutes ago Hunt said: "They (Labour) put taxes up, we put them down.!" This is a staggering bare-faced lie.

In just 17 days time any limited company making more than £50,000 of profit will see the rate of corporation tax they pay increase by an eye-watering 7 1/2%. Here, the present 19% rate will increase to 26 1/2% on all profit from £50K - £250K, then down to 25% for profits over £250K.

Indeed, tax on company and the dividends those directors take have increased by so much that - for the first time in my accountancy career of 26 years - many will be better off by taking higher PAYE'd salary than small salary / high dividend.

Today's Budget has help for big business but NOTHING for small businesses.
Yup. that's the way to encourage growth - put taxes up for SMEs. Now we have a chancellor who has no grasp of basic economic laws and rules.

I'm off to buy my own ditch so I can plough The Hunt into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here