Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The official Brighton and Hove Albion FC v. Norwich City FC match thread***

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If as a Brighton fan you dont think its worth about 75p per week thats your problem not mine.

For me, I won't use Premium TV on principle [I don't disagree that 75p is cheap]. I refuse to pay for something that a middle man is just adding his bit on to without adding any value. If Premium TV were actually doing the commentry that would be different, but the BBC are already doing it and should be allowed to put it out on internet radio for free and not allow the likes of premium TV to sell it on for their own profit - if you all cancelled your premium TV subscription, they'd go out of business and the BBC could then put it on internet for all [for free].

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Personally would love it if Wales lost all of them, which it sounds like they might
you are lucky Porty you don't get the local news from Wales where you are
I mean I don't mind them winning but they go on and on about it all week and after the remark by one of their players saying he though we did not deserve to win last week well who was the team who had the cheat who tripped and England player then and if you want a translation to Welsh

tuff

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Must admit knowing that NSC can tell me whats happenign three m inutes before I hear ofgten results in me staying off NSC.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I pay for Seagulls Player like all others living out of Brighton area. Over the last year people have worked hard to get the commentary on consistenly.

If as a Brighton fan you dont think its worth about 75p per week thats your problem not mine.[/QUOT"

"worked hard to get th ecommentary on consistently"

I dont think its worth 25p a week mate. If your boiler was inconsistently working or your sky plus or your gardener wouldnt you bin them off and go elsewhere cos i know i would.

I think the subscription is worth every penny.

Having been working abroad for years, I've been subscribing since the commentary was streamed officially from the Seagulls website. I agree at times the service has been shit, but for me the benefits of listening to Brighton play wherever I am in the world far outweighs the disadvantages.

However, over the past couple of seasons the commentary has improved immensely. Seagulls Player now works on my Mac thanks to everybody who sent their feedback in to the club. Also thanks to Uncle C who gives the club a kick up the arse whenever the commentary screws up.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
For me, I won't use Premium TV on principle [I don't disagree that 75p is cheap]. I refuse to pay for something that a middle man is just adding his bit on to without adding any value. If Premium TV were actually doing the commentry that would be different, but the BBC are already doing it and should be allowed to put it out on internet radio for free and not allow the likes of premium TV to sell it on for their own profit - if you all cancelled your premium TV subscription, they'd go out of business and the BBC could then put it on internet for all [for free].

Here here... what he said...:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

There cant be many people that dont agree with this, but there comes a time when its wise to stop pushing a snowball up hill.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting

I think (not sure) that premium TV is now fully owned by the football league and the money goes directly back into football. It used to be a joint venture with NTL but NTL gave up their share I think due to the money they owed the league for fees.

Having said that I too would like to see football returned to the fans and not the money men and bring the fans more into the processof football and not be excluded or charged for every thing.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Half time.:ascarf: 1-0

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
isnt it amazign how you can play shite and get beat by bottom of the league teams and get the first goal and show a different display against the league leaders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here