[Football] *** The official Brazil v Columbia Match thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
oh well. Another match (involving Brazil) spoiled by terrible (questionable) refereeing. Good luck Germany :thumbsup:

Its like South Korea 2002 all over again, they'll be out in the semi..

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Suspect decisions, we hear that refereeing elsewhere is tougher than in England but if that was Brighton against Leeds for example we would have seen about 10 yellow cards and 1 red

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Luiz was covering, yellow was right.
Wrong wrong wrong. What happens if the last defender is the one who commits the foul there's still the keeper? So if the keeper commits the foul and there's an outfield player covering what the hell is different.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Wrong wrong wrong. What happens if the last defender is the one who commits the foul there's still the keeper? So if the keeper commits the foul and there's an outfield player covering what the hell is different.

Aside from your point there, and like I said earlier, I think with refs, it's a fine between clumsy and deliberate.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Aside from your point there, and like I said earlier, I think with refs, it's a fine between clumsy and deliberate.
Denied a goal scoring chance. Simple sending off.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I kinda agree. However, I have seen a yellow in this situation lots of times.

For some reason referees look at this differently.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Luiz was covering, yellow was right.

The rule says that it's red if a goal scoring opportunity is denied. Often this happens when a striker is one on one with the keeper if he isn't fouled. Luiz or no Luiz, it's a goal scoring opportunity. He should have been sent off.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No Neymar for Brazil on Tuesday they will have to rely on Fred

Gives Bernard a chance. Very skilful young player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports