Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board thread

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Also agree with ditching fanzone. It's had less and less crowd involvement other than the front rows who want to get on the big screen. We could learn a hell of a lot from the build ups at our four European away games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also agree with ditching fanzone. It's had less and less crowd involvement other than the front rows who want to get on the big screen. We could learn a hell of a lot from the build ups at our four European away games.
What would you take from those games and introduce at the AMEX?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It's been said several times before, the obvious place is SE corner for 'aways', we get the full force of the sun on quite a few visits to away grounds. Time we became a little less nice.

Also a decent PA system that's effective in ALL parts of the ground.
That cost money along with putting cover over P&R queue PB would like as to concentrate on making more noise.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Our Seagull Travel bus now gets to ground about 70mins before KO. Used to be 30mins then 45. Reason given was in case of a breakdown which it never has. Was it part of clubs renewal agreement with ST to get supporters to ground earlier to spend money.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm in total agreement with the suggestions about moving the away fans and ditching fanzone. Is moving the away fans been something that has been raised with the club in recent years?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What would you take from those games and introduce at the AMEX?
Just what I was thinking. I was in Amsterdam and their build up was loud, flag wavy and anthemic.

Then they lost :lolol:

Personally I like grumpy silence, the smell of pipe tobacco and wintergreen ointment, followed (as the players run out) by GOSBTS. Blow the f***ing whistle and kick off.

After the game if we win, freed from desire. I love that. If we lose, nothing, and f*** off home. Not sure about a draw. Maybe 'we'll meet again'.

Last edited:

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Another vote for ditching ''and time for fan zone''. Almost everybody doesnt care or shys away from the cameras. It generates an audible groan from people around me. Just concentrate on playing some good tunes.
We deliberately stay in the concourse until after fan zone. Hate it. I wonder if it's a Barber policy to keep people out of the stands and spending money on beer for as long as possible 🤔

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Inspiring music. Big numbers. Not cheesy numbers. Some classical. Minimal talking from RR.

Leicester do it very well.
Rose, bouillabaisse and oysters got us well and truly revved up….I’m up for it if the club are.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
If we're ditching fanzone can we find some other way to indicate it's the last chance for a pre-match wee as that's it's primary purpose for me these days?

Talby

Dec 24, 2023
"Tony Bloom asked that match day atmosphere should be a key objective of the FAB and should be fan led not club led"

Could always try not banning anything that is any fun or try safe standing like every other club or lose the f***ing deafeningly loud music before kick off?
Fun? Heaven forbid.

BRING BACK GULLY’S GIRLS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here