Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
If he goes it won't be for the payday - it will be because he wants a ring. Given what has happened this season, I reckon Elway might go for the big gamble again just as he did with Manning and hope that it pays off.

Yes, I think it's unlikely, and Denver is a pretty good bet. But personally I still think the Jags could make the playoffs from a poor division, and would like to see Romo go there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, I think it's unlikely, and Denver is a pretty good bet. But personally I still think the Jags could make the playoffs from a poor division, and would like to see Romo go there.
NSC could field a title team in the AFC S, of the NFL.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If he goes it won't be for the payday - it will be because he wants a ring. Given what has happened this season, I reckon Elway might go for the big gamble again just as he did with Manning and hope that it pays off.

I am almost certain Romo ends up at the Broncos. I said it on this thread as soon as Prescott was announced the starter. Great move for Romo, great move for the Broncos.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
AFC South should be good this year, your boys have got a QB, we've got a defence, the Colts are always strong, and the Titans have a million picks to bolster their entire roster.

Good to be back on the thread after some time away. And this is well worth a bounce, DfP!

Sadly for my Texans, the only QB that we have isn't the one that we're paying 72 Million for over 4 years. B.O. is stinking the place out. And we thought Hoyer was bad last season against the Chiefs. One can only hope that we've kept the receipt.

The Texans GM needs to go the same way as Gus Bradley. With JJ Watt currently out, it seems like half the Texans payroll isn't going to be on the field next game.

If the Titans win the next one, I think they'll start as clear favourites in the decider against the Texans. But in truth, whoever gets through isn't going to force the opponents into extra practices.

For football's sake, let's hope the South rises again in 2017...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Good to be back on the thread after some time away. And this is well worth a bounce, DfP!

Sadly for my Texans, the only QB that we have isn't the one that we're paying 72 Million for over 4 years. B.O. is stinking the place out. And we thought Hoyer was bad last season against the Chiefs. One can only hope that we've kept the receipt.

The Texans GM needs to go the same way as Gus Bradley. With JJ Watt currently out, it seems like half the Texans payroll isn't going to be on the field next game.

If the Titans win the next one, I think they'll start as clear favourites in the decider against the Texans. But in truth, whoever gets through isn't going to force the opponents into extra practices.

For football's sake, let's hope the South rises again in 2017...

It might work in your favour now Bradley is gone as our final two games are the Colts and the Titans, if Marrone can get anything out of our offensive unit we could see a win against either of them. I know that sounds optimistic considering we're 2-12 but the defence is good, it's Bortles and co that have let us down.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Can't believe sky picked Dolphins v Bills over the big Vikings v Packers game!! Can't wait for Saturday and hopefully see the Falcons wrap up the NFC south!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eagles Giants game tomorrow morning.

Seeing this season the eagles have been seriously shite they will no doubt beat the Giants!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Eagles Giants game tomorrow morning.

Seeing this season the eagles have been seriously shite they will no doubt beat the Giants!

You were not wrong.

Giants lose 24-19 to the Eagles and fail to earn their play off bid and hand the Cowboys No. 1 seed and NFC East. Realistically losing a late season game wont hinder their ability to make the play offs given the Week 16 possibilities.

Tough night for Manning. Pains me to say it as a Giants fan but he is over-hyped, he threw some terrible interceptions, more like you’d expect from a rookie than a 12 year veteran. He needs to stop doing those crappy Direct TV adverts and get his act together.

Question is can he crank up his game like he did in the 2007 and 2011 playoffs.

On a side note some of the major US networks are having to repay advertisers as viewing figures continue to decline as they are not getting the predicted number of viewers. This will become a big issue for the NFL and the networks as NBC were down 17% last month, with CBS and Fox down by 26% and 34%

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-ratings-dip-forces-tv-networks-to-repay-advertisers-205733576.html

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You were not wrong.

Giants lose 24-19 to the Eagles and fail to earn their play off bid and hand the Cowboys No. 1 seed and NFC East. Realistically losing a late season game wont hinder their ability to make the play offs given the Week 16 possibilities.

Tough night for Manning. Pains me to say it as a Giants fan but he is over-hyped, he threw some terrible interceptions, more like you’d expect from a rookie than a 12 year veteran. He needs to stop doing those crappy Direct TV adverts and get his act together.

Question is can he crank up his game like he did in the 2007 and 2011 playoffs.

On a side note some of the major US networks are having to repay advertisers as viewing figures continue to decline as they are not getting the predicted number of viewers. This will become a big issue for the NFL and the networks as NBC were down 17% last month, with CBS and Fox down by 26% and 34%

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-ratings-dip-forces-tv-networks-to-repay-advertisers-205733576.html

That's the thing, I don't really rate him, he's far too inconsistent and showing signs now that he might be past his best.

But he's got 2 more rings than Dan Marino.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Xmas eve treat - Raiders are live on Sky tonight

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Erm, guys, surely you'll all be watching the epic AFC South battle between the Titans and the Jags....no? Just me then.

Just you I think, 13 years of pain over for the Raiders

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Davis-Al-3.jpg

Thank god AD is gone!

or

Thank L. Ron AD once existed?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/08/oakland-raiders-owner-al-davis-has-died/

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Touchdown on the opening drive and Cam intercepted on panthers first drive, Falcons look hungry for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here